Chapter 18

I pried my eyes open and searched the empty room that was before me. The man, Derek, and Beck were nowhere to be seen.

Panic quickly set in and made me hop out of my bed before I realized that my head was no longer hurting.

What happened? I thought to myself.

I had no idea where they were or if everything was just a dream but I had to make sure.

I ran down stairs, searching frantically for them but didn't find them.

Giving up hope, I sat down on the couch and started to sob. I just got them back and now I lost them. The world felt like it was crumbling down around me, making me feel more alone than I ever felt before.

It wasn't until I heard the joyful sounds of my baby crying faintly, that I stopped crying. I slowly got up and followed the sounds to the front door. I pulled it open and saw Derek carrying Beck in his car seat to the front door.

Feeling tears of joy spring to my eyes, I quickly blinked them away. "Hey, baby. I didn't want to wake you so I took Beck to the store with me to let you sleep." Derek smiled as he walked closer to me.

He gave me a quick kiss and walked past where I stood in the doorway, into the house. I turned and followed him and as he set Beck down on the counter, I sprung into his arms and held him tightly before letting go and looking over to Beck.

I unbuckled the belt that was holding him in the seat and pulled him out, clutching him close to my chest.

I was thankful it was just a nightmare, I didn't know how I'd deal with it if it was real.

With tears in my eyes I glanced up to Derek, who had a confused expression plastered on his face. "What happened while I was gone?" He walked closer to me and stood in front of me, placing his hands on my hips.

"Nothing, just a bad dream." I dismissed as I wiped my eyes.

His arm wrapped around my back and pulled me as close as he could while I was holding Beck. "Are you sure?" His eyes were full of worry as he looked down at me and my heart swelled with love knowing how much he truly cared for and loved me.

I smiled and kissed him softly, "I'm sure."

We spent the next couple of days never leaving the house. Whenever we needed something, Derek would call the maid and have her pick up whatever we needed or wanted.

Each day, our wedding came closer. Until it was finally time.

I had spent the night before the wedding in a hotel with Beck and didn't let Derek see me until the wedding.

Half of the day had been spent getting my hair and makeup done by a professional, and the other half was me panicking and freaking out.

I stood in front of the floor length mirror and stared at the woman before me.

"You've got this. It's almost time." I whispered encouraging words to my reflection and took a deep breath.

My dress was beautiful. The mermaid style, white sequin dress, dragged behind me as I walked, and the slit on the side showed off my freshly shaven leg. The top of the dress was strapless and had a deep v-neck that had diamonds on the seams, and the dress hugged my curves perfectly. It was my dream dress.

I looked amazing but I couldn't help the butterflies in my stomach. Today I would leave behind my last name and become Mrs. James.

A few years ago I would've never thought I'd be here, marrying my abductor of all people. Life has a funny way of working out for me and I couldn't be happier that he was the one who kidnapped me. It was fate.