"I really don't need a babysitter."

"Justin will stay with you at my house and Max and I will be back within two hours."

I sigh in frustration and blow away the strands of hair that have fallen over my eyes. I'm looking out the window although all my attempts at distracting myself have failed.

This has been a terrible week. Instead of being able to sit with my friends, I was forced to sit with Mason and his friends. I don't mind them, I actually like them. Well, except Nathan. There's just something...off, about him.

"Maya!" I shoot my head up towards the door when I hear Shelly's chirping voice.

She's standing by the open door, Bianca behind her. Their confused eyes move between me and the three boys sitting on chairs. I groan silently, not liking the amount of explaining I'm about to be coerced into doing.

I've avoided them long enough.

I jump to my feet and my eyes meet Mason's. He turns to look at my friends and continue my way towards them.

"Maya!" Bianca whisper shouts as she pulls me by my arm out of the room.

"What's going on? Why are you always with them? You don't even return our texts anymore. Lilly called and said you were ignoring her as well." Shelly begins with her string of questions as soon as we're in the hallway.

I take a deep breath and look up at them. I can't lie. I'm not even that good at it but I can't tell them the truth. I thought avoiding them was the best thing. That was clearly a dumb idea.

"Explain." Bianca demands and crosses her hands over her chest, giving me a stern look.

"Okay," I sigh heavily, "I can't...it's not....really there's nothing much to it." I stutter and chew on my lower lip.

"That makes zero sense." Shelly creases her forehead.

I sigh again before something behind Shelly catches my eye. I smile, hoping I can use his presence to turn the tables on her.

The smile disappears and my eyes widen when Ben reaches us. Instead of walking past and ignoring our presence like usual, he wraps his arms around Shelly's waist and gives her a peck on her cheek.

She blushes, her cheeks turning a light shade of pink, and playfully hits his arms.

This is so cute if I wasn't completely consumed by shock I would be gushing.

"Wait, what?" I shake my head and move my eyes between my two best friends.

"You would know if you didn't abandon us." Bianca throws her hands in the air.

I push my shock to the side and a stream of questions come bursting out of me in one breath.

"I knew about this what I want to know is when did you find out? How did you two go public and when? Why am I just being told now when Bianca has clearly already been told? What is going on?"

"Whoa, whoa," Bianca waves her index finger in the air, "you knew?"

I freeze and my mouth hangs agape when realise what I just admitted.

How am I going to explain how I know?

"May," I wanted to tell you yesterday. I sent you a text saying you should come to the bench but then you didn't show up. B wouldn't let me go without saying anything."

"That's not important," Bianca says to Shelly before turning back to me, "how did you know?"

The sooner you come clean, the better.

"I may have been at Lucy's at a particular time when these two," I look between Shelly and Ben, "were there."

"You went to Lucy's without us?" The questions comes from the both of them at once.