Chapter 2

Hunter and Adrian Novak.

Sons of Ricardo Novak the man who owned god knows how many oil corporations around the world.

You had known these two almost all your life and they were both spoiled and privileged in every sense. The last time you had seen them was when they had sent you to the hospital after pushing you onto oncoming traffic. These assholes had always despised you for being close to Violet. And they had made it their mission in life to make yours hell. Of course they would go to this school.

You clench your fists as they smirk and approach you.

"Well look who we have here Hunter. It's little Bitch face. The girl who manages to survive." Adrian snickers as he looks menacingly at you.

His brother Hunter mimics a shot gun pointing it to your head . "Don't worry Adrian. Next time we just have to do it a more fun way. Keep the bitch dead and gone."

Before you can say anything they laugh then roughly push past you knocking you down to the ground. They probably didn't even go to this class. You sit on the ground holding your ribs and wincing. None of your classmates approach you. The Novak twins were not to be trifled with. And if they had beef with anyone most other students stayed the hell away.

You slowly get up and go walk to an empty desk. God your ribs were killing you. Fucking Novak twins. You couldn't stand them. Ever since elementary school they had been the ones mainly responsible for your injuries.

You take a few deep breathes and look down at your desk as your classmates file in and take their seats. You had to be strong. It was going to be tough. Just keep your head low and stick it out. You could it .. right ?

The teacher came in as the bell rang dragging in a boy who just looked lazily around the class.

"Kira Grimes just take your seat and next time please stop irritating me before the class even begins."

You look up and watch the boy named Kira smirk and saunter over to the empty desk next to you.

He sits down roughly and then glances at you.

Holy cow his eyes. One was a bright blue and the other green. They were beautiful. It reminded you of a cat you had seen once at a park. Of course that had been with Violet and that cat had taken a tragic end to its short life.

Kira smiles at you and you quickly look away. Best not to look at any guys. You had learned in the past that interacting with any guys would end up in nothing but pain.

As the teacher starts talking about what he expects for the class you feel a poking on your arm. You glance over and see it's Kira.

He's laying on the desk now his finger gently out in the air. A pretty smile on his face as he stares at you.

Wow this guy was gorgeous. With his unique eyes and black hair. He looked like someone who was only described in books.

Keep it together. You give him a small glare and mouth for him to fuck off. He doesn't seem to mind that and just giggles as he puts his hand away.

The one thing you had learned over the years was that you had no friends. You could not make any friends . The last time you had tried to make a friend who was a girl was in junior high. She tried to get close to Violet to talk to one of the guys. And within a few days the girl had disappeared . Friends were not possible. Anyone else who had approached violet seemed to vanish or end up in a grave. It was completely messed up and you could only wonder how you stayed alive this far.

You pay attention to the teacher ignoring the gaze Kira is giving you. Be strong . Remember that in the end you had to be wary of any of these guys.

When the teacher finally announced the end of class you stood up quickly. The plan for the day was to just to try to avoid any guy and get through your day. Day by day. And in the meantime you could figure out the big plan for how you would survive.

You suddenly feel a hand on your head as your stuffing your books into your backpack. Confused you look and realize it's Kira gently patting it.

"Good luck y/n. We're both going to need it." He says before giving you a smile and picking up his bag. Then he was gone.

You stood still confused and a bit dazed. The touch of his hand lingered.

What was that?