Chapter 3 - Attack at the Tooth Palace

Quickly and using their power, Angela and Tooth opened a portal and flew straight for the tooth palace

Quickly and using their power, Angela and Tooth opened a portal and flew straight for the tooth palace. The older guardian looked around with wide eyes as she came to halt in the middle of the air.

Nightmares made from what looked black sand were eating the baby tooth fairies and were storing them in their stomachs. She grabbed her spear and charged at the closest nightmare.

She sliced it, making it dissolve into black sand and its content fell from its stomach. They were the stored teeth of the children. She didn't know why they were taking them, but she wouldn't let them.

Not on her watch, they wouldn't.

She dove again, using her wings and her spear to destroy any creature that dared to go against her.

She proceeded to shoot down some nightmares, before aiming for one that tried to attack Tooth from behind. However, she was quickly overpowered as more nightmares appeared and some attacked her.

They didn't hold anything and instead, they were mere destruction. Looping in the air and moving her weapon in a circle, she avoided and hit the dark sand horses which tried to attack her.

At the same time, North and the rest of the Guardians had come to help but it was too late. The teeth were gone and so were most of the fairies, one being saved by Jack. North joined the fight and sliced two nightmares, allowing Angela with an opening to escape.

She flew away, only to charge again and start destroying the dark horses. Jack almost crushed the sleight on one of the towers of the palace before landing it on a platform.

The 4 guardians and Jack stood in a semi-circle with their weapons drawn as the nightmares disappeared. They looked around, their guards up as the mastermind behind this attack stayed hidden.

Angela stayed on the air, further away as she tried to detect the enemy, her hand holding her spear little tighter than normal.

"I have to say... this is very, very exciting," a deep voice said, and she shivered at the familiarity. "The Big Four, all in one place. I'm a little starstruck. Did you like my show on the globe, North? Gotcha all together, didn't I?"

"Argh!" the said Guardian exclaimed, and Tooth spotted his shadow before charging.

"Pitch! You have got 30 seconds to return my fairies—"

"Or what? You'll stick a quarter under my pillow?" Pitch asked even though he was just a voice and merged with the shadows once again.

"Why are you doing this?" North asked.

"Maybe, I want what you have. To be believed in! Maybe I'm tired of hiding under beds!"

"Maybe that's where you belong!" Bunny said.

Pitch appeared on the underside of the spire level the Guardians are standing on. "Tah! Go suck an egg, rabbit."

Bunny growled and quickly reached down to hit Pitch, but he was already gone.