Chapter 6 - Easter Island

Back at the North Pole, the mood was grim and sad

Back at the North Pole, the mood was grim and sad. They had to mourn the loss of their friend and brother who perished the same night while he was protecting Angela. The 3 Guardians and her stood around the special circle.

The older of the 4 placed a glass lantern on the Guardian symbol, where Sandman's likeness was. She looked around her, seeing her family. They all held hands; their heads bowed in silence. North even shut his eyes in grief and she felt her own head being lowered.

All around the symbol were other lights; the Yetis stood by, as do the elves. They nodded their heads, making the bells chime, creating a dirge for the Sandman. One yeti sniffed and was comforted by another yeti.

As they mourn all together, Jack has isolated himself to mourn in silence. Once the ceremony was over, North went to look for Jack while Angela left quietly. Bunny had tried to grab her wrist, but she slipped right through his paw.

He watched worriedly at Tooth who was as confused but also understanding as he was.

----------------------------------- -----------------------------

At the Globe, the lights are dimming.

"Look how fast they're going out!" Tooth pointed out.

"It's fear. He's tipped the balance" Jack said.

"Hey, buck up ya sad sacks! *Bunny hops onto the console* We can still turn this around! Easter is tomorrow, and I need your help! I say we pull out all the stops and we get those little lights flickering again!"

They all nod and then notice that Angela was not present.

"Where is she?" Jack asked.

"I think I know. Come on" Jack said as they went into the elevator.

----------------------------------- -----------------------------

Angela was on the stables; she had sat down and her back against the wooden beam. Vixen, the reindeer closer to her, lowered its head and nudged her in an attempt to cheer her up. She left out a sigh and petted the animal, bending one knee up so she could rest her hand.

She could feel the balance breaking, the children losing their faith. She left out a heavy sigh and stopped petting the reindeer as she held back tears. She should have seen it coming, she should have fought it more.

However, Pitch was stronger than before and she hadn't touched a weapon for 600 years. She was rusty, slow and he knew it. He knew it and this is why Sandy was gone.

"Angela" Bunny said as the 4 of them approached her.

"It's my fault," she said, her voice barely a whisper but they all heard her loud and clear.

"No, it's not. Its Pitch's" North said as he knelt by her side.

She looked at them, her eyes holding so many emotions, but the most dominant ones were regret, pain and sadness.