E P I L O G U E PT2

I froze . It took me a while to register that the test was positive. "SHOW ME !" Grace shouted from the other side of the door . She was so excited I was scared from what she might do if I opened the door .

I was pregnant . I couldn't believe myself . I slowly opened the door. "Grace.... I am pregnant !" A small smile crept on my face as I held the test tight .

Grace started squealing and she hugged me . "Oh my god !May I am so happy for you! " She asked me to show her the test and I did . We were both so happy , I was on cloud nine . That is until I remembered Oli .

" What will I say to Oliver? " Worry masked my face as I aked Grace.
" That you're pregnant duh." She held her hands in an ' obviously ' gesture.

"Shouldn't we try another test ? Just to be sure " I bit my lips while looking st the test in my hands . I didn't want to have false hope .Grace sighed as she placed a hand on my shoulder " If that's what will make you feel better and have no doubt. "

I did another test . Positive . There was no doubt , I'm pregnant. We sat down on the couch as grace started planning the baby shower . My brain was somewhere else , I was worried about Oliver .

My head was somewhere else as Grace was a total blabbermouth. I was overwhelmed with emotions , I couldn't even describe my state . I was happy , scared , excited, worried , anxious all in one .

Grace had excused her self as she needed to be in the house now , her daughter was going to arrive anytime soon . She of course promised to come and visit and fill her in with latest updates.

I went to the room to check my phone , I need to check the last time I got my period . It was 2 months ago . I held a hand on my mouth. I couldn't understand how I failed to notice this .

That meant I am probably at least 1 month pregnant . I lifted my shirt to look at my stomach. I didn't look pregnant, maybe just a little bloated, but surely not pregnant. I didn't get morning sickness or any discomfort in anyway either , there was no way I would've known without Gracy.

I ran my hands in my hair , all I had to do now was wait for Oliver.

OLIVER

" Just keep the files on my desk , I'll check them tomorrow. " I massaged my temple while walking to the car sighing .

" Ok . Later "I say as I closed the call . Today was really tiring, the cases somehow managed to pile up again in just one day . I sat in my car as a I took a deep breathe. I managed to relax a bit. I was finally going home , back to my wife .

I inserted the keys and turned them making the car come alive . I couldn't wait to be home .

Marrying her was a bliss . Having her by my side every day was enough to forget how tired I am . Seeing her smile was ... everything to me . I was a lucky man .

I hurried back home and in no time I was in front of our apartment. I used my keys as I opened the door . I waited for her to come to me . She always came to the door when she heard keys .

I smiled as she revealed her self from the room walking towards me . Even in her pajamas she managed to look sexy. With a small smile on her face , she came and hugged me . Something was off .

She pulled back her head for a kiss which I gladly gave her . She pulled too soon , something was definitely wrong . " love ? Everything's fine ? " I asked frowning as I held her small frame against me . She nodded as she went to the kitchen . She quietly placed our plates on the table and started eating .

I was definitely right , she always chatted a lot more and asked how was my day . Today was different, she was awfully quiet ... which was unlike her .

I sat in front of her as I watched her every move . I placed my utensils on the table gaining her attention."Tell me what's wrong." my voice was laced with concern .

She smiled widely . " Everything's fine"
She was defdefinitely hiding something. Being a lawyer taught me how to spot lies and she definitely was hiding something. She wasn't looking me in the eyes , and she was biting her lips . She always did that when she was hiding something .

I gave her a look , she knew I wasn't going to ask anymore . " I don't think you want to know " Her voice broke , still not looking at me .

I was confused , I frowned deeper. "Jesus Audrey! Why are you like this? Are you sad ?" My tone was higher this time.

" I am not sad Oliver . I'm happy . " She let out a small laugh. I waited for her to further explain.

" I dont think you want to know why I'm happy. " A tear fell on the table as she held a sad smile on her face . It confused me and broke my heart seeing her like this .

She suddenly stood up and went to our room , and I followed . She opened her nightstand as she held something in her hands . Without a word she gave them to me , refusing to look at me .

Two positive pregnancy tests. My brain seemed to not process what's happening. I looked her , she wasn't crying , she just held her head down .

" Aren't you on birth control? " I spoke without thinking . I immediately regretted having that come from my mouth . I couldn't stop myself .

She sat on the bed and nodded . " Excuse me" I managed to mumble before taking my keys and leaving the place .

I sat in my car with no motive to go anywhere. I was hyperventilating at this point . I was getting anxious and I couldn't control my self. I was fucking scared .

I was scared of change , scared from having someone come in our life taking her away from me . I was scared that the past may repeat . I was scared from the possibility of me losing her during her delivery just like mom did with me . I was scared that she might leave . I was fucking terrified.

Without noticing I found myself crying. All the old feelings I had had returned. I held the steering wheel tightly as I punched it causing a loud fast honk to come out .

I had no one but her in my life and I knew I was breaking her heart with how I'm acting right now. I just couldn't help it , if I had stayed up there I probably would have broken something unconsciously. I felt so weak , so powerless .

I tried to get a grip as I calmed myself down . I stayed there for what seemed like hours . Just thinking . I couldn't possibly ask her to get abortion. That was NOT an option. I knew very well how much she wanted a child . But she sacrificed that dream for me all those years. I was selfish.

I sighed as I rested my back against the chair . I needed to man up , I refuse to let my past get in the way of my future. I want to see Audrey happy just like how she selflessly made me .

I took a deep breathe . I was going to be a dad in couple months . I was going to make a little family with Audrey. Suddenly I wasn't as terrified, because I had Audrey beside me.