E P I L O G U E PT3

Audrey

Two hours have passed since Oliver stormed out abruptly. It's been two hours and I can't stop bawling my eyes out . ' He will be back ' I kept repeating to myself. I was scared and confused, Oliver means everything to me , I couldn't see him like this .

He was scared, confused, and it was written all over his face . I was determined to reach a middle ground here no matter what.

I touched my belly as I closed my eyes trying to calm myself down. I was going to be a mom and it's our child . I wished Oliver someday will be able to see how great of a father he will be . I wished he wasn't so afraid of change .

I suddenly heard the keys and the door closing . He was back , but this time I didn't go to him . He really broke my heart and I needed sometime to approach him first .

The footsteps came closer but I never moved, facing away from the door . He came in closer and I could feel him towering over me . I was just staring blankly at the walls trying to avoid him .

" I'm such an asshole. " I heard him mumble to himself. He sat on the bed making it dip down where I laid down.
"How are you ?" He tried to open up a conversation between us . I didnt reply nor move .

" I'm sorry. " He apologized with a very shaky voice . He probably cried when he wasn't here . " I shouldn't have reacted this way. " Oliver continued , I could feel his glare on me .

"I'm keeping the baby ." I finally said in a loud , clear and confident voice . He probably was nodding. " I know " He spoke in a very faint voice, almost whispering. I felt him bent down as his hands touched my face , his thumb wiping my tears away .

"I'm terrified ." He managed to finally confess . I looked at him and I shifted around and sat upright to listen to him. "What if it takes you away from me ? " The words came out shaking , his head bent down .

"You're not the one having a human being growing inside of them." That earned me a soft laugh , I chuckled along too.

" I'm scared too , you know? Will I be a good mother ? Will I be a good wife ? There's a lot of things that scare me too . One thing I'm quite positive about ; I'll never leave you " This time I held his hands tightly in mine .

" I'm healthy, and you'll forever be my love. No one's replacing you anytime soon ." I rested my head on his shoulder as I wrapped my arms around his torso . Oliver seemed to be much calmer now . "What if I'm not a good father?" He suddenly asked .

"You'll be an amazing father , just like you're an amazing husband and lawyer. You'll be just like you're dad , a great person and father " I was confident in every word I was saying .

He took a deep breathe as he placed his hands on top of mine and broke the hug , he turned around to face me and looked deep in my eyes . His hands softly caressed my cheeks. " I'm so sorry ." he finally said while resting his nose and forehead against mine.

I shook my head and smiled. " It's fine , we're fine. " We stayed quiet for bit enjoying the intimacy. " When did you find out ? " He asked as I slipped under the covers .

"Today , when Gracy was here she insisted I was pregnant and now we're here " I shrugged as I watched him change his cloths . Today was pretty hectic , we didnt finish our meals and he was still in his suit . I didn't mind he looked hot in that suit anyhow .

He slipped under the covers -half naked- and kissed me on my lips before pulling me closer to him . " I was an asshole today , sorry. " He sighed as pulled me even closer and he held me protectively . My face was pressed against his chest as my arm snaked around his torso, my hand tracing his back muscles. My other hand was busy playing with his hair just like was playing with mine .

" I understand where you're coming from ." I assured him that we were fine now.

" How far are you ? " He shifted slightly to look at me . " I don't know but I missed my period for 2 months ..." I trailed thinking about it.

" Two months ? We just did it not long ago . I assumed it's from last time ." He seemed taken back. If I know him well , I'd say he was thinking that the baby will come in no time .

I giggled . " Yes ... and it hadn't crossed my mind to be pregnant, specially that I don't get sick in the morning " He frowned as I explained . "Then how did Grace know ?" His lawyer instincts started to kick in .

" When I didn't drink tea she freaked out and decided I was pregnant." I laughed , he was now thinking about all the times I did not drink tea .

He nodded " Damn , thinking about it now , you have also probably gone up a cup-size or more. " He flatly commented as I backed away slightly from him . " I did ? " A shocked expression masked my face .

" You do go a cup-size up when you're on your period . But this time it's fairly noticeable. "

" Why do you notice such things ? " I was absolutely surprised . Even I didn't notice it.

"You're my wife ?" He looked at me as if I've grown two heads . This time I laughed and pushed myself closer to him again. " Yeah I'm your wife " I smiled and hummed against him .

I felt his hands slid across my body as it stopped just on my stomach. I saw his eyes widen them go soft ." You really are pregnant " he gasped in disbelief.

" With your son or daughter ." I pointed out proudly. He seemed to be taking the news better now . I could see the fear in his eyes , the doubt. But I believe in him , he was Oliver after all .

He shifted around as he held himself up with his elbow and kissed me . It was a soft slow kiss yet enough to make my toes curl. Even after 8 years of being together I always had those explosions inside me.

" I love you so much you know ? " He said against my lips as his eyes looked at me lovingly. I held his face and looked at him with just as much love . "I know, I love you too "