Chapter 45: It Burns!

Outside a Random Abandoned Warehouse

Maya

Maya and Brent—the 'would be' victim of the night—ran from the warehouse and the fighting taking place all the way to the impala. They panted as they looked back behind them to see if any of the demons gathered there had followed them.

Seeing that they had time Maya quickly went to the impala's trunk and opened it, muttering to her self.

"What are you doing?!" Brent gasped in freaked-out outrage, as he sucked in panicked breaths from sprinting from what was about to be his own personal crime scene. "We should be driving away! Not rummaging around for—what is that? Spray paint?!"

Maya shook the can, grinning at the rattling sound it made.

"You and I both know those assholes in there aren't exactly human," Maya said pointedly as she began painting a large circle on the cracked concrete outside the warehouse. "I'm making a devil's trap. It'll trap those bitches the moment they step foot inside. So if we get in it, then they can't get us," Maya turned her back on him and began working on the pentagram part. "Unless they want to get trapped themselves."

She didn't see the panicked look of Brent's face fade into an amused smirk, or the way his eyes eclipsed in a sheet of the darkest ebony that no light could reflect out of. Demon Brent lunged at Maya, grabbing her from behind and clamping a hand over her mouth.

Maya struggled in the demon's grip, but unlike the demon she lacked the super strength that currently restrained her.

"Lilith will greatly reward me for handing you over to her," Demon Brent said with a grin on his lips close to her ear.

Uncomfortably close.

"But first," the demon took his hand off her mouth and pulled out a blood filled syringe from his coat pocket. "I wonder what a little bit of vampire blood would do to a little Trickster demi-god?" he chuckled as though he'd told a humorous joke. "Would it turn you into a vampire-Trickster hybrid? Or knock you out while vampire blood and pagan blood battle it out in your body?"

Maya sure as hell didn't know, and neither sounded too appealing.

Thank you, very much!

Maya butted her head back against the demon's face, forcing Demon Brent to loosen his grip enough for her to free an arm and turn to punch him in the face. For the moment he was stunned enough for Maya to quickly knock the syringe of vampire blood out of his hand and stomp her foot on it, breaking it and spilling the blood on the hard gravel.

She didn't wait to see his reaction and made to run back towards Sam, Dean, and Puck inside the warehouse. Maya had learned from her first solo demon encounter.

It's better to have friends and family backing you up.

Puck had just sprinted through the large warehouse door in time to see Brent all but tackle Maya from behind, eliciting a shout from her and sent Puck snarling in an instant.

Maya's loud shout of surprise suddenly cut-off when the black-eye asshole wrapped an arm around her neck and pulled back, forcing her to release a short "Ack!"

Puck didn't stop his ferocious snarling as he skidded to a stop a few feet from the black-eyed Brent.

"Not so fast, mutt!" Demon Brent snarled, jerking his arm and getting a gasp from Maya as she tried to pry his arm from around her throat.

"MAYA!" came the dual shouts of Sam and Dean from inside the warehouse.

"Damn it!" he snarled as he looked for a way to get away from the Winchesters and their pet demon traitor. He also didn't want to throw away the only bit of leverage he had to keep from getting shanked...and he didn't like the look of those slightly glowing teeth on the giant ass dog watching him intently.