•Chapter 3: Normal day•

Shuichi just sat there, staring at the boy who was now running away. He now had two options: he could stay there til they noticed him and say he was really thirsty as an excuse for why he had bought two different flavored milkshakes, or he could just get out of there and pretend like nothing happened. None of them seemed very reliable since the cops probably had tracked them down with the town's security cameras, which meant there was a high chance that they knew they were together and that they definitely would want some answers. So the best option was to tell the truth, well, maybe he could skip some unnecessary things, for example, that he had just had the best day of his life and that he had let the other go.

Suddenly, an idea popped up in Shuichi's brain. He could set up his surroundings to make it look like the other had ran away before he could prevent him from doing so.

The boy stood up to get everything quickly prepared; he threw off Ouma's chair in order to make the cops think that the purple haired boy jumped out of his seat once he saw them. He also placed the supreme leader's empty drink as if it had fallen  in the attempt of stopping him from getting away.

Now that everything was ready, the cops finally perceived his presence and began approaching the boy. Once Shuichi noticed them coming closer, he stood up and walked over to them as well.

"What the hell were you doing with Ouma, Shuichi?!" a tall boy accused, stepping forward and grabbing the detective by the collar, slightly lifting him up.

"I... j..just..." the navy haired boy tried to explain, tripping over his own words while he spoke. He positioned his hands on the other's arm with the intentions of making him release his grip.

"Kaito put him down." ordered a blonde girl.

"But..."

"Momota, put him down right now." a random police officer said in a harsh tone.

"Tch." the fuchsia haired boy let go of Shuichi's collar and put him back on the ground.

"Now apologize." the girl said. She was known as Kaede Akamatsu and was Saihara's best friend. She had shinny, pink eyes and yellow hair. Her front hair was held by some buckles, which were shaped like musical notes. In addition to being a police officer, she was a really well-known pianist.

"Fine." Kaito growled and looked back at the detective. "Sorry for that... I guess." he apologized, rubbing his nape. "But you still have an explanation to give!"

Kaito Momota was a young but tough boy, who was around Shuichi's age. He had fuchsia, spiky hair; purple eyes and had a goatee, which was purple as well.

"Y..yeah." the navy haired male pulled his hat down a bit, turned around and walked over to the table he was sitting some minutes ago along with Kokichi, in order to show his 'evidence' he had to 'confirm' he had tried to stop the supreme leader. The others anxiously followed, wanting the information that the detective may have obtained about the criminal.

When Shuichi reached the table, he saw a small paper bun on it. He grabbed it, curiosity taking over him as he opened it.

Can't wait to see you again, Mr. Detective. If you need anything just call me here:
6661-1037
~Kokichi Ouma.

The boy just stared at it, wondering how the other could be so careless about the situation that he was involved in. He was one of the most wanted criminals in Tokyo and there he was, giving his phone number to a detective. The boy jumped a bit when a hand was placed over his shoulder. He quickly turned around and hid the piece of paper in his pockets.

"What was that bro?" Kaito asked, removing his hand from the other's shoulder to then point at Shuichi's pocket.

"What was what?" the golden eyed male asked, looking away nervously.