•Chapter 14: Secrets•

"Hey, Kokichi..." A voice whispered. The boy groaned as he snuggled closer to the embodiment that irradiated warmth. "Come on... it's time to eat."

"I don't wanna..." He whined, half asleep, not listening to his stomach, which growled at the mentioning of food.

"There's panta~" the voice sang. The small male opened his eyes.

"Okay fine you win." He said, defeated. He sat up and rubbed his eyes. The guy next to him laughed.

"Morning Kokichi." He greeted with a smile.

"Hi Mr. Detective," Ouma replied, looking at him, he wasn't shirtless anymore, instead, he was using a light blue, oversized shirt, so that it wouldn't put pressure against the bandaged wound. Shuichi sighed.

"I thought you would stop calling me that after I almost die." He said, looking down.

"Nishishi~ Ne-ver." The liar grinned. The detective lifted his gaze to look at the other.

"It's nice to hear that annoying laugh of yours again." He admitted. Kokichi stared at him, stunned. He then curved his lips up in a smirk.

"Aww~ you finally realized that you like me? Took you long enough!"

The golden eyed individual's face turned red, he put his arms up in defence.

"Wha-? N-no! Y-you're my friend! That's it!" He cried.

"W-well, fuck you too, dickhead." The short male said sniffling and tearing up.

"Are you really gonna welcome me back to reality like this?" Saihara murmured, lowering his arms and putting them both on his lap. He then turned to grab a tray with food that was on the nightstand. The purple haired male titled his head when the detective put the meal on his lap.

"Isn't this yours?" He said, pointing at it.

"No, they brought it here and told me to give it to you once you woke up."

"Do you want some?" Kokichi offered, earning a glare from Shuichi.

"Eat, Ouma." He bitterly said. The male flinched at the mention of his last name.

"Jeez, no need to be so mean, I was just trying to be nice." He huffed, before grabbing some meat with the fork and put it in his mouth. He tried not to start eating everything like he hadn't eaten in two days, but the problem was that he actually hadn't eaten in two days, so he desperately shoved the food into his mouth.

Shuichi just stared at the boy and unconsciously smiled, the other noticed this and looked back at him, rasing an eyebrow as he slurped a noodle.

"What? Do you have a food kink or some shit?" He smirked. The detective's smile faded as his cheeks turned red.

"A-ah! N-no! I was just, uh, thinking..."

"About what?" The short male pried.

"About your generosity..." He whispered.

"Generosity? Me? The supreme leader of evil? Never." He said, drinking some panta.

"Thank you Kokichi."

The purple haired male choked on his drink and began coughing. Once he calmed down he stared directly onto Saihara's eyes.

"For what?"

"Really? You starved yourself in order to save food for me!"

"And you saved my life! I had to pay the debt that was left between us. Plus, remember you are a DICE member now, I would have done the same for everyone else..." He lowered his voice and glared down at the blankets as Kyo and the fact that he couldn't save him came to his mind.