Chapter 1: Prologue

"Fuck you, Nie Mingjue! You think I'm scared of you?"

Jin Guang Yao provoked, even when he was about to die, his eyes were burning with rage. With those last words, the corpse of Nie Mingjue roared, breaking the man's neck and blood gushed out from his arteries.

Jin Guang Yao was dead, his reign was over.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"AH!"

Jin Guang Yao opened his eyes and rose from his slumber. "A dream..." He muttered, wiping his forehead with his hands as it was dripping with cold sweat.

No. I had already died.....

Realization struck him. He does not recognize this place. The walls and floors were made out of wooden logs, the room was small with a window beside him that was closed off with bamboo shutter blinds. There was not much furniture except for a rattan stool at the corner of the room. The bed he slept on had no mattress so he was lying on a flat plank, his back was very sore as he tried to get up.

Creakkk...

The door opened, and out came an old woman. Her clothes had obvious patches and she had white hair tied in a bun. She approached the man, holding a basin of water and a white towel.

"Ah Ming! You're finally awake!"

She exclaimed, smiling. "Ah Ming? Why is she calling me that? Do I know her?" Jin Guang Yao thought. The woman placed the basin of water and towel beside him. "I'm so glad.... You've been unconscious for a week. Mother is so worried for you," she said.

Mother? I am her son? What is happening?

"Wash your face and come out of your room, I'll make dinner. You must be starving right?"

At that moment, he felt his stomach growl. He nodded. The old lady smiled and patted his head before going out to make him some food to eat. When she left, Jin Guang Yao was there blinking his eyes, trying to figure out what situation he was in.

It's been so long since he felt this warm feeling...

He took the white towel and dipped it into the water. He wiped his face, feeling much more refreshed. He noticed the reflection on the water. His face...was not his face, a bit similar with dimples and big brown eyes, but this face was not Jin Guang Yao.

Was this a miracle? He had somehow reincarnated into someone else's body. How could it not make sense? Wei Wu Xian was reincarnated through a summoning by Mo Xuan Yu, so he could also be reincarnated too. Then again, he had never practiced dark arts like Wei Wu Xian so there was no way he could be summoned with a ritual....

Jin Guang Yao decided to put aside all the questions about his reincarnation for now, after all he was already very grateful to be given a second chance in life. He sighed and walked out of the room. In the living room, the old woman had already prepared breakfast for the two of them. There were two bowls of rice and a plate of long beans.

"Come eat, son," she said.

The food was not much but Jin Guang Yao ate it like it was his last meal. He only wished there was some meat on the table.

"Do you remember what happened to you, ah Ming?" she asked while smiling, putting down her bowl.

"N-No....I don't remember..." Jin Guang Yao replied.

The old lady's face went dark, a sudden change of mood. She grabbed onto his left ear and pulled it. "Haaaahhh????You don't remember? Or you don't want to admit it that you did wrong, huh? Do you know how hard it was because of you, son?" Her sudden outburst shook Jin Guang Yao. Never had anyone treated him like this. What did this Ah Ming guy do to make her so mad like this?

"M-mother, i-it hurtsss. I'm sorry!!!" Jin Guang Yao whined. The woman exhaled with a 'hmph', she released her grasp. "You were possessed by a vengeful spirit, mother had to ask for help from a cultivator, you know?" She explained, crossing her arms. "I told you not to go out so late at night, but you didn't listen and insisted on going out because you forgot to lock the shed door."

"I-I learnt my lesson mother, I won't do it again," Jin Guang Yao said.

"Good child, now you're well rested, you can finally take over the work."

"Work?"

"It's harvest season, silly! Did you get possessed or lost your brain?"

..."Oh.." I have no idea what you're talking about old lady

"There's no time to lose, go harvest the potatoes and yams. Today, we'll invite the cultivator for dinner to thank him,"

"Before that mother, can I play a game with you?"

"A game? What are you? 12?"

"It's quick, I'll ask a few questions about myself and you have to answer it correctly."

"Why-"

Jin Guang Yao interrupted before she could ask. "What's my full name?"

"Chen De Ming."

"Correct! My favorite food?"

"Fried egg..."

Through that simple game, he manage to obtain some information about this. His name was Chen De Ming and he lived with his mother, Ou Yi Qi in this village. They were living in poor conditions and their only source of income was to sell their produce in the village market.

___

He was collecting the potatoes from the mud, throwing them into the basket he was carrying on his shoulders. It was already noon and the Sun was right under him. Tired and sweaty, he decided to take a break and shelter himself under a shady tree.

"Ugh...so hot," Jin Guang Yao fanned himself with a straw hat he had found lying close by. Anyone would laugh to see the cunning and smart Lan Jinling sect leader, reduced into this state.

"I can't believe, I, Jin Guang Yao had become a farmer..."

The state he was living in was so similar to his childhood. He thought of his mother... And how pitiful she was. He missed her. De Ming's mother awfully reminded him of his own mother...

This time.... I want her to be happy...

"AH MING! WHAT ARE YOU DOING SITTING THERE! DON'T SLACK OFF!"

Jin Guang Yao heard the woman scream at him. He sighed and got back to work.

a/n: Here's the start to jgy's new life! XiYao moments start around chap 2&3! Thank you for reading <3