Chapter 8: How would you know?

"Since I was reincarnated, I can see souls. And the soul in I see in you is not Chen De Ming but Jin Guang Yao!" Wei Wu Xian said.

Jin Guang Yao sighed. Ah shit...he is full of surprises. This was beyond my calculations...

—Once again, I stand no chance against this man.

"Erm... Wei Wu Xian, can you please put down your sword. I won't run, I promise," Jin Guang Yao said, flashing a warm smile, one side of his lips twitched. His hands were in the air as a sign that he had surrendered. 

"But first, are you here for revenge?" Wei Wu Xian questioned, his dark aura flowing out, his sharp eyes glared red and the atmosphere instantly turned tense. 

"No." 

Jin Guang Yao answered directly, his gaze determined and his tone serious. The man in black raised an eyebrow, he could be acting.... He hesitated for awhile but his gut told him that this bastard was telling the truth. He placed his sword back into his scabbard. 

"I am just an ordinary farmer living with my mother. I don't want to have anything to do with my past anymore. Now, I just want to be happy with my mother."

Wei Wu Xian was taken aback. "That's it? No dominating the world and gaining power all that stuff???"

"...No! It's so troublesome! I'd rather harvest potatoes under the hot Sun!" Jin Guang Yao told. The  man in black threw his head back and laughed. Troublesome?  He never expected this word to come out of the former Lanling Jin Sect leader. Since when has he become so laid-back? "He's changed, in a good way," Wei Wu Xian thought. He lowered his guard on him, sitting down cross-legged on top of the green grass. "I believe you," he said to him. Then, he plucked a piece of straw grass to hang in his mouth. "I also owe you one. Rumours about me went away and everyone is talking about you instead."

Jin Guang Yao didn't know if he should laugh or cry. "I see..."

"They made a song for you. You want to hear it? Jin Guang Yao the insolent basta-

"No, please no," he denied quickly, covering his ears. The other male laughed.

.

.

.

"Thank you, Wei Wu Xian," the shorter man sighed, sitting down beside him. "Can please keep my identity a secret? Just between us?"

"Wait-What!? Does Lan Xi Chen not know?" Wei Wu Xian spat, widening his eyes. "But he comes to your house...???"

"It was genuinely a coincidence that this body was possessed and he treated it. Besides, he comes to have dinner and talk with my mother, not me. I'm just a stranger to him now and I want it stay that way," Jin Guang Yao explained. 

"Coincidence? No it was—

"Wei Wu Xian, don't you dare—

"FFF—

"Did you even hear the last line?"

"F—FATE! IT WAS FATE!" Wei Wu Xian teased, slapping his thigh as he chuckled to himself. Jin Guang Yao groaned, crossing his arms. "This is why we don't get along."

"Jokes aside..." Wei Wu Xian cleared his throat. "I will keep it a secret from everyone, but I have three conditions." The other man raised an eyebrow. "What conditions?"

"Number one, you need to plant more carrots in the garden. Number two, you have to join Gusu Lan Sect as a guest disciple. Number three, in one month time you have to tell Lan Xi Chen you are Jin Guang Yao."