Chapter 6: Xi Chen to the rescue

He swung his shovel at the undead corpse, hitting its head. Crackkk. It's neck instantly broke and the body collapsed to the ground. Jin Guang Yao looked at his arms, his mouth wide open :0.  Although this body had not practiced martial arts, it was super duper strong! All that digging and plucking weeds really did pay off at a time like this! He was like an ant in his original body compared to Chen De Ming's.

But that didn't mean he could fend himself against all those corpses. He swung his shovel continuously at them, trying to push them back. They just keep on coming! Am I gonna die like this? I just got reincarnated a month ago!  A drop of sweat trickled down his forehead, gasping for breath, he could not keep this up any longer.

"De Ming!"

He turned to see Lan Xi Chen as he leaped up into the air. The tall gorgeous man clad in pure white, his long black hair dancing with the wind, clutching a sword in his right hand as he gracefully flew down into the circle. Jin Guang Yao was silently crying in his heart, happy that his saviour has arrived. The man unsheathed his sword, Shuoyue taking down two corpses with a flick of his wrist. When he finally made a small opening, he grabbed onto the other's hand. "Run!" He yelled. No matter how skillful he was, there was no way he could take down all of them while protecting the other man. Jin Guang Yao threw his shovel away and the two ran for their dear lives.

"What's happening? Why are there so many undead corpses? And how are you here?" Jin Guang Yao asked. "It's a long story, but they all have something to do with that old man beside your house," he said. "I came here as soon as I figured it out," he continued.

The group of corpses were still on their tail, slowly catching up to them. "Let's hide in my house!" Jin Guang Yao suggested. He knocked on the front door.

"Mother, it's me! Quickly, let me in!"

The door opened and the two went in. Lan Xi Chen took out a few paper talismans that he got from Wei Wu Xian from his inner robe and pasted them all over the doors and windows. "That should hold them off for awhile," Lan Xi Chen muttered.

He turned to the young man. His face was pale and his big eyes a bit watery. He was shivering just like a terrified puppy. Xi Chen wondered how he would look if he messed him up even more. Then, he bit his bottom lip.

Again, with these insolent thoughts...

"De Ming, you can let go of my hand now," he said with a gentle smile on his face. "Ah, sorry," the young man pulled away his hand. His face flushed as he recalled what happened last night.
.
.
.
"Get ahold of yourself...." Jin Guang Yao thought, turning to check on his mother.

"Mother, I'm glad you're safe." He hugged her tightly. He would never forgive himself if anything happened to her. The old woman furrowed her eyebrows.

"Ah Ming, what happened to Fei? And why is Lan sir here?" She asked, pulling away from his hug, gazing at them with her eyes full of worry. 

Jin Guang Yao broke the news to her. Uncle Fei was dead. He saw him getting eaten by a bunch of undead corpses and ran away. He left out the part where he fought with them (he didn't want to get slapped and told off by her). Lan Xi Chen came and they both ran into the house.

"..." His mother was speechless for a second. She jumped when she saw multiple shadows on her doors, banging and growling to let them in. She clicked her tongue. "There's no way this old lady shall die without a fight!" She rolled up her sleeves and hastily went to the kitchen. The two men looked at each other, they did not expect the old lady to be so tough!

She came out of the kitchen with a butcher knife. Jin Guang Yao jaw-dropped.

Wah... My mother is on another level of brave.