Chapter 46

Taehyung slowly walked back to his apartment, hoping to find Jungkook inside. After the whole scene in the hospital wing everyone had eventually somewhat calmed down. Hoseok and Jin had decided to stay with Taemin, while the others all retreated to their own apartments. All of them including Taehyung who had no idea if his roommate would be inside their apartment or not and if Jungkook would be there if he still wanted Taehyung to be there too or that he was ready to kick the blonde out. Taehyung  didn't regret saving Hoseok but he did regret the fact that he didn't go after Jungkook immediately after he left the room. An hour had passed and he had no idea if Jungkook even left to their apartment, hell he didn't even know if Jungkook was inside the building at all. For all he knew Jungkook had gone outside without anyone noticing, they had after all upset the youngest of them all quite a bit.

With a heart that was hammering in his chest Taehyung turned the corner to his shared apartment, only hoping Jungkook would be there and they could talk about what had happened earlier. Jungkook meant the world to Taehyung and he didn't want to lose the younger over something like this. Jungkook had become his lifeline, the person he could trust the most, the boy who held a large portion of Taehyung's feelings. The blonde liked Jungkook and he didn't wanna lose that due to everything that had happened. Jungkook had been the one to give him a second chance and Taehyung would forever be grateful for that, but it didn't mean that he would agree with everything Jungkook did. They still were two different persons with different opinions and the whole incident with Hoseok had made that more than clear. This being even more of a reason that Taehyung wanted to talk with Jungkook, he didn't wanna lose Jungkook but he also wanted a chance to explain his own reason for handling the situation the way he did.

Taehyung slowly walked up to his apartment door, pushing the handle down to find the door wasn't locked and there was a big chance Jungkook would be inside. With a soft click Taehyung shut the door behind him, walking towards the living room and spotting the younger immediately on the large couch. Jungkook's body looked tense, his hands were balled into fists and his jaw was pushed together harshly. Jungkook didn't react at all even though he must have heard Taehyung entering the room, not sparing the elder a glance at all.

With a soft sigh Taehyung walked towards the couch, sitting down while leaving some room between him and Jungkook. An awkward silence fell over the room, both boys not speaking at all. Taehyung too nervous to say anything while the anger radiated of Jungkook's body. With a nervous look on his face Taehyung gave the younger a quick glance, instantly regretting his decision. Jungkook's face almost looked like stone, his eyes staring at only one point outside while his lips were shut tight. Silence kept engulfing the whole room, making Taehyung even more nervous since he had no idea how Jungkook would react to him at all once he would start speaking.

Five more minutes passed with both boys still not saying anything towards each other 'till Taehyung decided that he would be the first one to speak if he wanted to get this over with.

"K...Kook...." Taehyung eventually managed to stumble out, his voice shaky and almost inaudible. Taehyung slowly turned his head, hoping to find a reaction from the younger but the opposite was true. Jungkook was still staring straight ahead, not acknowledging Taehyung in any way.

"Kook, I-" Taehyung started again, only to get an almost immediate reaction out of Jungkook this time. A reaction he didn't hope for, but at least it was something.

"Taehyung don't!" Jungkook hissed through his teeth, his hands bawling into fists even more to control his anger. Taehyung could almost feel the rage coming from Jungkook through the youngers words. He hated the fact that he made Jungkook feel like this, he hated that the younger closed himself off again and he hated that Jungkook's tone made him feel so small.