Chapter 5 ~ Superhero

I opened my eyes and Lucifer was carrying me. I looked around and saw the other house mates watching us with horrified looks on their faces. "What? Where?" I started to mumble. "Shut up!" He hissed into my ear, but didn't look down at me. Mr. Crinkle came out of his office and rushed over to us.

"What happened? Lucifer did you-"

"No you idiot! Is that really how low you think of me." He said defensively. I was engulfed in his warmth, and unconsciously leaned closer to his chest and breathed in his soft cinnamon scent.

"Where do you want me to put her, Mr. Grinch?" He asked, his angry face loosening from its previous scowl.

"On the couch please, and Jenna isn't here so we will have to take care of her." Mr. Crinkle motioned for Lucifer to put me on the couch. He crouched down and set me on the couch gently. I flinched from the sudden absence of his warmth. I internally scolded myself for feeling that way.

"Is she going to be okay? I mean, I need to know if she is gonna die so I can have my room back." Lucifer talked to Crinkle but looked down at the pathetic human that was myself.

"She's fine, Lucifer. It's just a cut." Crinkle started cleaning my wound and I swore and clenched my fists as he poured more alcohol on it. "What a disappointment." His words hurt my feelings for some reason, which was strange because I usually don't give a damn if anyone is rude to me.

"Lucifer don't" Crinkle began to say, but Lucifer was already at the bottom of the stairs. A few minutes later, after Crinkle put a bandage on my arm, I walked into the room, making sure to turn on the light as I entered. "Lucifer?" I asked with a small shake in my voice.

"What?"

"Thank you."

"I know." He almost sounded kind as he spoke to me. "Now get out!" But then he was back to being an ass again.

"I'll have you know that this is my room too, asshat. And my arm is fine, in case you were wondering." I grouched as I sat down on my new bed.

"I wasn't." He retorted without emotion. "You're such a bitch." I got up and turned off the light and I carefully walked back to my bed. I cuddled into it but it was horribly cold compared to Lucifer's body heat. I fell asleep thinking about that warm feeling.

***

I jumped as an alarmclock went off. I smacked around my nightstand to stop it and dragged myself out of bed when I finally found the off button. I lazily looked over to Lucifer's bed. He was gone.

I made my way over to the large bathroom that Lucifer and I have in our room and stripped down to get in the shower. The water was hot, reminding me of his skin against mine. I shook my head, "He's an ass." And I went back to rinsing the conditioner out of my short brown hair.

"Who is?"

I jumped at the sound of the voice in the bathroom with me. "L-Lu-Lucifer? Get out of here!" I wrapped by arms around myself even though there was a curtain separating us.

"Calm your tits, I just need to brush my teeth." I watched him walk over to the sink from behind the curtain, my face flushed from hearing the word tits at a time like this. I swiftly grabbed my towel from the top of the toilet and wrapped it around myself before stepping out.

"Did you see anything?" I asked sternly. I could feel my face heating up with embarrassment.

"Nothing you didn't want me to see." He winked in the mirror at me, before gurgling water in his mouth and spitting in the sink. He turned around and checked me out shamelessly. I looked away from his gaze and my grip tightened on the towl that was keeping me from complete nudity.

"Hm," he hummed and walked out of the bathroom without another word. I went to go look in the mirror and saw my cheeks were flushed a dark shade of pink. I bagan to feel self conscious about myself. My green eyes gleamed at me through the glass and I couldn't help but think of his golden ones looking back at me.

"God dammit." I said under my breath, scolding myself for letting Lucifer get to me.

"God doesn't really damn anyone, that's Satan's job." I spun around to see Lucifer standing behind me at the entry to the bathroom. I wondered how long he'd been standing there as I walked over to the door, more embarrassed than ever.

"Okay then, weirdo. Can I have a little privacy now? Thanks." I said, closing the door and locking it. I took a deep breath and got dressed silently.

***

"Now that I've shown you your last class, I think that concludes our tour. Do you remember where everything is?" Kate asked politely as she held my schedule in her hands. "Yeah I got it." I lied. "Thank you so much for your help. I'll see you at lunch." I smiled and headed into my first hour class. I looked around and took a seat near the front. Harry walked through the door and smiled at me. I smiled back a little. He walked over to where I was sitting and asked if the seat next to me was taken.

"No, go ahead and sit" I started but was interrupted, "It's taken." Lucifer was sitting next to me in an instant. I scowled at him for trying to prevent me from making friends. "But this one isn't." I pulled out the chair on the other side of me. Harry smiled and sat next to me, gaining a glare from Lucifer.

I spent the remainder of class, unable to concentrate on the lesson because of the amount of tension between the two boys I was sandwiched between. It was like they were having a contest to see who could sit the closest to me. I legitimately couldn't move my elbows without hitting one of them.

By the end of class I had started to sweat because Lucifer's elbow was pretty much linked to mine. The temperature of his body had to break some sort of record. Harry's skin on the other hand was quite cold. "Okay class, you are dismissed." The teacher sighed as if she knew nobody had listened to her lecture.

I grabbed my backpack and walked out of the class, glad that it was over. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to Harry's smiling face. "Hey Analiese. Can I talk to you for a second?" He asked and I raised my eyebrow at him. "Sure."

"I was wondering if you wanted to watch a movie with me after school tomorrow?" Lucifer walked out of the classroom as I was considering the offer. He focused his gaze on Harry and I. Trying to pretend I didn't see him, I told Harry that I would like that.

"Sounds great Annie! My room at 7." I felt my face cringe slightly. Did he just give me a nickname? Lucifer inaudibly laughed at me then left. I watched the two boys walk away in the same direction, on opposite sides of the hallway, stabbing each other with glares.