8. Late Night Conversations

I lied awake in what I guess is now my room. I don't think I'll be escaping anytime soon and I'm too afraid to try in fear of being locked in the basement again. I turn over on my side coming face to face with a sleeping Norman. On my other side was Carrie. They came up with a rule every night two people get to sleep with me and they switch off. Tonight was Carrie and Norman. I felt more comfortable with them lying with me. I looked at the clock 1 AM it read. I let out a tired yawn still unable to sleep. I look down at Carrie and Norman's arms wrapped protectively around me.

I carefully being sure not to wake them took their hands off me immediately missing the warmth. I slid off the bed and walked out of the room. I walked down the steps cringing at the creaks it made as I stepped on each step. I walked into the living room seeing practically everyone lying there asleep. I walked into the kitchen and shivered at the cold air touching my bare skin. The only pajamas available were shorts and one of Freddy's extra sweaters. Atleast my arms were warm. The sweater was obviously way to big for me as it went down past my shorts making it look like I was wearing nothing but the sweater. I opened the fridge and shielded my eyes at the brightness.

I grabbed a box of strawberries and closed the fridge. I sat at a bar stool and sat the box of strawberries on the bar. I slowly opened the strawberries becoming frustrated at how loud it was. Since when did everything become so loud?
I looked over the the living room making sure I didn't wake anyone up I sighed in relief when I saw everyone still sound asleep. Either I was so tired I didn't notice or he was just clever, but either way I didn't notice that Jason had woken up and was standing in the corner of the kitchen blending in with the darkness of the room.

I lied my head on the table as I ate the strawberries one by one. I looked up and came face to face with Jason causing me to fall out of the chair which would surely wake up the others. Luckily Jason caught me and helped steady me back on the chair.

"Did I wake you?" I whispered to him. He nodded. "Sorry" he just shrugged. "Do you still have the notebook I gave you?" I asked knowing it would be easier to talk if he was using it. He nodded and pulled it out.

(Italics- Jasons writing)

Why are you up?

"I can't sleep, but I'm so tired" I answered with a yawn.

Is something wrong with the bed or the room?

"No, nothing's wrong with it I'm just...." I trailed off.

Just what?

"Nothing it doesn't matter...I'll just go back to bed" I stood off the stool about to walk up the stairs when Jason picked me up by the waist causing a gasp to escape my lips. He sat me on the table and gave me a look as if saying stay put.

Why can't you sleep?

"I-... don't want you to be angry at my answer" I said knowing it could set off the dangerous male and that would be it for me.

I won't...I promise

"Fine..." I said with an exasperating sigh. "I'm...homesick" I looked down at my knees as I kicked them back and forth. I lived alone, but I visited my parents and siblings all the time. I also missed my pet snake, midnight and my cat Sanka. I looked up and he was staring off into space. I crawled towards the edge of the counter about to go back upstairs. Jason grabbed my wrist and pulled me back into his chest.

"Don't be mad, I'm sorry!" I whisper-yelled.

I'm not mad...I understand.

"You're not mad?" I questioned as I looked up from the notepad. He shook his head 'no'.

"Why keep me here?" I asked out of the blue shocking him. "I mean I'm really nothing special. I'm just a nurse and you could honestly probably kill me just like that" I said as I snapped my fingers to indicate a quick movement. "So why don't you?"

Because we don't want to

"But why don't you want to?" I looked up at him my face full of confusion. I picked up a strawberry from the carton and took a bite.

We love you

"Love? Do you know what love is?" I asked as I took another bite of the strawberry. He nodded as I dropped the finished strawberry into the trashcan.
"Then what is it?" He wrote something down onto his notepad and hesitated before handing it to me. I read the word my lips stretching into a smile as a bright blush spread onto my cheeks.

You

"Jason, I-" he grabbed my petite hand and held it in his. "I don't know what to say"

Say you love me too

"I...I can't" His shoulders slumped. I felt bad, honestly. I don't know what to feel...they are so sweet and loving to me, but they are murderers... He picked me up bridal style and started walking to the steps. I felt myself drifting off into slumber. The sound of his steps and the slight movement as he walked up the stairs calmed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck so I wouldn't fall and that was the last thing I remember before I drifted off into a peaceful sleep.

(Okay guys I hope you enjoyed the chapter it's a calm and sweet chapter between you and Jason)