15

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓈𝒾𝒸𝓀,

( second-person point of view  )

You were a detective, heavily trained in the art of keen observation. Obviously, you were not as skilled as your boyfriend who was literally the world's greatest detective. However, even someone like Matsuda could tell something was wrong with L. Of course, no one pointed it out for fear of being called stupid by the detective in question, except for you. You knew when he wasn't feeling like himself.

L would sniffle every five minutes, he has sneezed nearly twenty times today, and he has coughed twice that amount. You worried about your boyfriend, who was looking more pale than usual, which only accented the dark bags under his eyes. You deducted that L had some sort of cold.

"Are you feeling alright?" You asked, placing your hand on L's shoulder to get his attention.

"I feel fine," He said, clearing his throat which was a little rough and scratchy.

"I don't think that's true," You stated and pressed the palm of your hand to his forehead. "I think you're sick, but won't admit it."

"That is not tr--" L couldn't finish his statement because a nearly violently cough bubbled up in his throat and escaped. He turned away and buried his face in his elbow, as all good people should when they cough. You shook your head and sighed.

"You need to take a break and rest," You insisted rather matronly.

"We've had this conversation before and I stand by what I've said," L stated, referencing a talk you had--rather, a talk you have every time he gets sick or works himself into a frenzy. "I have work to do."

"But your immune system is breaking down," You pointed out, very concerned about the man. "It's not even the cold or flu season and you're sick, that just proves you need to rest more." L sighed deeply and closed his eyes for a moment in contemplation. "You don't have to sleep, just take a break for a few hours. Please?"

"You are relentless, detective," L remarked as he finally caved like he always did.

"It is one of my many virtues, detective."

. . .

"Achoo!" You sneezed and rubbed your nose gently.

"Bless you," Someone said. You absentmindedly thanked them and continued with your work. You didn't think much of your sneeze until it happened again. Then again. And again. You went to the bathroom and blew your nose, hoping to feel clearer. Your head was stuffed and slightly aching, your thoughts fogged down. What was wrong with you? Well, the only logical explanation was that you were coming down with the same virus L had somehow contracted the previous day.

"Crap," You mumbled under your breath. You supposed taking care of L had caused you to catch his illness, and you knew that he would turn your words against you if you tried to work while sick. You wandered back into the main room where everyone else was and explained that you were going to take the rest of the day off because you were feeling ill. After changing into some more comfortable clothes, you crawled into L's bed beside him. He stirred and you cuddled up next to his body.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, his voice very quiet and groggy.

"You got me sick," You replied, wrapping your arms around his thin torso. L chuckled but ended up coughing halfway through it.

"That's what you get for taking care of me and not allowing me to work," He muttered and kissed your forehead.

"It was worth it, ya know," You stated confidently, yet sleepy. L's arms draped around you as you snuggled together. Blankets were wrapped around your bodies as you both rested to try and recover. It was soft and wonderful as you both began to drift off to a very peaceful sleep.

𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓃𝓊𝑒𝒹. . .