Chapter 22 - Vice-Versa.

Paranoia had come over Marcus. To him it was obvious that his house wasn't broken into. If anything, they had a key to his apartment and what worried him even more was that he didn't know how long they'd had it for, or even how they had managed to get a copy of it. What if they were watching him now? What if they were listening in on him even? What if they'd been watching him all this time! Paranoia seeped through his thoughts. Despite how hard he fought to keep the thoughts at bay they managed to get to him. Suddenly he felt alone, trapped and suffocated. He couldn't contact anyone; not if he was being watched.

He had to think of a plan.

Calling Allen seemed like the smart thing to do, but as he reached for his phone and dialed Allen's number he felt uncertain. He pressed end before it could ring, he didn't want to risk it. The note had been clear about him not telling anyone. What if they listening to him right now? What if his phone was being monitored? He couldn't put Julian in danger like that. He couldn't make a stupid mistake. He'd never be able to live with himself if anything happened to Julian, especially if it was because of a stupid mistake on his part.

Marcus had three hours to figure out something. He thought about going outside, visiting them and doing it that way. But no, that'd be stupid, he thought. Even though some of his paranoid scenarios seemed most unlikely he couldn't rule them out, not after he found out that they had access to his apartment. He didn't know what they were capable of, this was New York City after all. Anything and everything seemed like a possibility.

"Get a hold of yourself!" Marcus muttered to himself and slid onto the floor, resting his head on his knees as he contemplated the possibilities.

One and a half hours had passed and he'd searched up the address that was attached to the note. The place look very familiar, he just couldn't put his finger on it. Suddenly a thought occurred to him. Marcus didn't waste time lingering in the thought contemplating its success rate; he was running out of time. Getting his phone out he dialed Craig. The man answered right after the third ring.

"'Sup!" He said, a playful tone danced in his voice.

"Could you come over for a bit?" Marcus asked. He wasn't polite about it.

"I'm kind of busy... but how about I come over in two –three hours or something?"

"No. Now Craig; I want you to come over right now and take your shit from my place." Marcus commanded, hating the way he sounded he grit his teeth.

"Bu-."

"Now, please!"

"F-I-I-N-N-E-E-E-E!" Craig whined. "I'm coming, I'm coming." He sounded irritated, but Marcus knew that he wouldn't mind, not after he found out what was going on.

Around two in the afternoon a loud banging on Marcus' door alerted him of Craig's arrival. When Marcus opened it to greet Craig he looked unhappy and rather annoyed. Marcus didn't hold it against him. He hated pushing people around, never could deal with the way they acted after.

"It's nice to see you Craig, I missed having you around." Marcus stretched his fake smile across his lips. "Um... I have some of your things packed. I thought I might give them back to you. Open them when you get home." He said stressing the last part, hoping that Craig caught on. Craig narrowed his brows at Marcus then nodded curiously.

Marcus rushed to his room, grabbed the box he had packed right after his call with Craig, he'd managed to slip in the photo and the note he'd received into the box along with some of Craig's possessions. He hesitated for a moment before heading back. He was sure that the police would ask for some kind of evidence and he wanted them to have it, just in case. Walking back to where an unhappy Craig stood Marcus dropped the box then smiled at Craig for a moment.