Chapter 15

The next few days that pass are tense but fortunately uneventful. The pack was on edge always looking over their shoulders which made me feel like a failure. I was their Luna and it was my job to make them feel safe and protected. It only made it worse when I overheard a few whispers that were accusing me of making up the whole thing for attention, and at this point if that makes them feel better about the whole situation I'll let them believe that.

Quentin and I have been working together along with Oliver and a few other head warriors on creating a more efficient game plan for future situations that don't involve sending the whole pack into a panicked frenzy that only causes more harm than good. So far we have instilled different code words to signal each different situation so there is no confusion between warriors along with looking into different alarm systems that we could install around the pack just in case.

It was reassuring that my family agreed that the incident was nothing to be concerned about. I could see Quentin visibly relax as my dads reminded us that since we are now a recognized pack that others will want to seek refuge here just like anywhere else. Although I did notice Della's silence when we called her and Aidan which I found peculiar since she's always the outspoken one. Regardless they assured us that we were doing fine and to take it one day at a time.

"Are you excited?" Carl nudges me with his elbow as we walk down the path. Today is the day I am going to join a training class again. Between working with Carl and Quentin I'm confident I can fully hold my own, but just in case I asked Carl to come with me. It's going to be the afternoon session for any warriors so hopefully Claire won't be there.

"Yeah." I nod my head hoping to hide the slight bit of nerves from him. It's not that I'm worried I will make a fool out of myself again, but the lingering emotions from last time put me on edge. Carl steps forward holding the door open for me so I can walk in first.

"Hey, I'm glad to see you today!" Julia pulls me into a hug greeting Carl briefly as well. "Today is just a sparring day so there will be no reoccurring issues." She promises with a serious expression.

"Thank you." I whisper to her before Carl begins to drag me to the back to warm up. It's way different than last time now that I have someone I know and am comfortable with to be my partner. I look around the room waving to a few familiar faces relaxing as Julia instructs us to start practicing defense strategies with a partner.

                                      * * *
"Tessa!" Julia's voice stops Carl from messing up my hair while holding me in a head lock. Chuckling I push him off me looking up towards the front where Julia is standing with a warrior. She motions for me to follow as her and the warrior exit the room. Carl shoots me a wary look following close behind me as I rush out the room.

"You have a phone call Luna." The warrior informs me as the door closes behind us. I let out a big sigh of relief knowing it's nothing serious.

"Thank you I'll go take that." The warrior nods stiffly walking off in a different direction. Julia excuses herself stepping back inside to resume training. "I'll be quick it's probably just my dads or Della. Go back and make some new friends." I joke as he rolls his eyes.

"I'm going back in but not to "make friends"." He scoffs. "Be safe." He reminds me as he walks back inside.

"I promise!" I yell back jogging towards the pack house.

                                     * * *
"Hello?" I pick up the phone inside me and Quentin's office. Sitting down I spin in the chair to look outside the window at everyone out and about in the backyard.

"Della it's Asher." The familiar voice of my old best friend filters through the line startling me a bit, spinning back around I plant my hand on the desk to steady myself.