04.

6:09:07

The Swan's made eye contact as soon as the eldest made her way into the cafeteria, Bella almost hunching over with relief as she saw her sister walking towards her, seemingly unharmed.

Biting her lip and squinting her eyes, Bella did a full once over of her sister, trying to keep her questions of her sisters whereabouts to herself.

"And here comes the other one." A voice said, drawing Emery's attention from her backpack, as she looked up and recognized the brunette she saw staring at her earlier from the parking lot. Trying to send the girl a smile, Emery grimaced instead and tried to relax in the seat next to her younger sister.

"We were wondering where you went. Did you get lost in this oh so big school?" Eric spoke up, breaking the uncomfortable silence, keeping his eyes on the eldest Swan, who was looking at anything that wasn't the table she was currently sitting at.

Bella saw the look on her sisters face and scooted into the table loudly to catch the attention of everyone else, her hands now resting on her chin. "So, what were you saying before, Lauren?" She asked, pretending like she was invested. Lauren glanced at Emery and pursed her lips before looking back at Bella and began to grin, happy with the newfound attention. "So the Cullens moved her about a year ago and their father is a doctor at Fork's Hospital who.."

Emery blinked tiredly and rested her head on her left hand, stealing a fry from Angela's tray, grinning as Angela sent her a playful glare.

"Who's he?" She heard her sister ask in an odd tone and looked over to where her sister was staring. Immediately, she caught the eye's of the two she nearly ran over in the hallway and clammed up, cheeks beginning to redden so much, Angela placed a gentle hand on her shoulder.

"You alright?" She asked, raising an eyebrow as Emery quickly nodded and stared intently at the folder she rested on the table. Angela looked over to where the Cullens now sat, and saw the look Alice and Jasper shared as they smiled at each other, before looking back over at their table. If Angela were to look for a moment longer, she would have noticed that their smiles became softer on the edges, and that they were looking longingly at the eldest Swan, who was now close eyed and on the verge of falling asleep.

"But I wouldn't get too invested in the idea of them, you know?" Emery heard faintly, the voice sounding slightly wounded. "They aren't interested in anyone here anyway, but who cares."

Emery felt her sister stiffen next to her, and without opening her eyes, she brushed her shoulder against Bella's, and smiled to herself as she felt her sister relax against her and bump her back.

Emery blearily reopened her eyes as the first bell rang and turned towards the table her sister was staring at earlier, catching eyes with a beautiful blonde with hard eyes at her sister.

"That's Rosalie." Tyler spoke up from behind her as he stood up, readying himself to quickly toss out his food and get to his next class. "She doesn't really talk to anybody. None of them do." He said before he walked away from her, his attention going towards Mike Newton, who was trying to balance his tray on his head.

Emery made eye contact with the said blonde who had a pained look in her eyes, and instead of just staring like everyone else seemed to do at them, she simply sent the girl a comforting smile and looked away, her arm attaching with her younger sibling.

Rosalie's shoulders deflated and she made eye contact with her mate, twisting in her chair. "She seems alright for a human, or a Swan." She announced to Emmett as she tried to keep the distain in her voice, who shot her a goofy grin and wrapped a strong arm around her shoulders.

Edward sat at the table with his jaw hardening as the Swan's walked past him, the smell of Bella making his mouth salivate with venom. Trying to distract himself, he began to focus on the sister that began to walk next to his blood singer, and tried to focus on her thoughts.

He began to tense as he realized that he could not read either of the Swan's minds. With Bella's he heard a sound similar to white noise, but with Emery's, he heard pure silence. Pain began to register as Emery shot him a steadying glance, but as she looked away and made her way out of the cafeteria, the pain went away as quickly as it came.

"Three more hours to go, and then we will be reunited with my love," Emery grinned out, holding in a laugh as her younger sister looked at her with a confused look on her face.

"Rusty Red." Bella sent her an anamused glare as her sister leaned onto her, a laugh pouring out of her before she could stop it.

Her sister huffed out a heavy sigh, but eventually snorted as she saw the scrunched up look on her sisters face as she held another laugh in, her eyes prickling on the sides.

Emery caught eyes with Angela as she stood next to them, a grin being hidden behind the books she was carrying. "Let's get you to class before we both get in trouble" She said, waving at Bella as she and her sister departed ways. Emery walked closely to her friend as she directed her to her next class, pouting as she realized they would have to separate.

"I'll see you on the other side." Angela said seriously, the side of her hand resting on her forehead in a mock salute. Emery quickly copied her stance and saluted to her as she stood in line with the other seniors, her body shaking with silent laughter as Angela wiped away a fake tear and hurried off to her class as the final bell rang.

Emery rested her head on her shoulder and sighed as the teacher droned on about the classroom rules, but refocused and slowly turned her head as she heard the door to the classroom open.

She quickly sat up straight as the pixie haired girl walked in confidently, holding out a green slip to the teacher, who seemingly couldn't keep eye contact with the beauty without stammering.

Alice slowly made eye contact with the eldest Swan, grinning to herself as she saw her tense up and look down at her desk, her fingers tightening on the sleeves of her jacket.

As soon as the Cullen was introduced and given permission to sit wherever she would like, she strutted over to the swan and sat down almost carelessly close to the Swan.

Emery deeply inhaled in an unsteady breath and glanced over to the right where she sat, her eyes widening as she caught eyes with the girl who was already looking at her with a fond stare.

"Well hello there, Miss Swan." Alice drawled out in a playful tone, grinning with mirth as she saw the beginning on a flush reach down on the girls pale neck. Emery bit her lip nervously and placed her sweaty, shaking palms on her lap as she quietly murmured out a greeting. 

Alice was quick to follow the movement and looked away with an irreversible grin on her lips, her nails gently tapping on the table as she pretended to listen to the teacher.

Emery sat there with her palms pressing into her legs and closed her eyes, trying to control her heartrate.

Taking a deep breath and trying to relax, Emery sat back and looked around the classroom, trying to calm herself by studying the design of the room. But instead of being comforted, her heart abruptly skipped a beat as she noticed the familiar golden eyes of the man she walked into staring at her with an amused grin on his lips from the back of the room. He tipped his head down in a playful greeting, teeth beginning to show as she bolted up in her seat, turning beet red.

Emery slowly turned back in her seat with her heart hammering in her chest, her mouth dropped open, before she hardened her jaw and closed her eyes tightly, her lips twisting.

God, she was screwed.