13.

(Just to clear some things up, because I've read a good majority of the comments, and some of you seem to think that Emery has died. The reason why there is no longer a time on the chapters is because she is no longer conscious. The only time that there will be a time is when she is either conscious, or there is a flashback. I don't know if I made it obvious within the last chapter, but in the scene where they are with the medical staff, Bella and Charlie are notified that she has a pulse and she is becoming stabilized. I love and care too much about Emery and her story with the Cullen's to end things so abruptly. I plan to continue with the story, and I hope you guys enjoy! sorry for the confusion, and within the next few chapters I hope to have everything planned out and explained thoroughly. so, long author's note finished, and I hope you guys enjoy the ride!)

Alice sits in one of the visitor chairs in the hospital room impatiently, placing a trembling fingetip to her lips and in between her teeth. Gently biting down, she frowns as she feels a slight twinge of pain. Feeling that pain kept on reminding her that what had happened, was real. Although she was unbelievably happy and grateful that her mate was stable, she would not wake up. Carlisle had tested her so many times over the past month with scans and blood samples, that his fellow staff members now walked past her hospital room in wonder and curiosity.

No one knew why she wouldn't wake up. Everything, other than her now healing dislocated shoulder and bruised skin, as well as her concussion, she was perfectly fine. Her anemia's leveled, her bone marrow was still the same from her last appointment she had with Carlisle. It was as if she didn't want to wake up.

Alice's heart broke when she found out that her mate was dying of leukemia. Jasper was no better. Ever since finding out, he's been limiting his feeding and no longer attending his classes at the high school. Esme had fought with him about his absence, but Jasper simply declined and refused to answer, straying away from his family members and Bella, only allowing Alice near him. The sounds he let out when he thought no one was listening was absolutely heartbreaking.

Emmett heard the sounds of unsteady breathing raking down the hallway he stood in every night listening, forcing himself not to go into his room and restrain him as he cursed himself for not being able to cry, for not being able to control his emotions.

With Emery, Jasper and Alice, everything was perfect. Although they didn't know their mate as well as they would like, what she had shown of herself prior, made Alice and himself easily accept her as part of the family and as their mate. While Alice was cheerful and a loving person, Jasper was calming and consoling, as well as humorous and affectionate. Emery was their anchor. Smiled and laughed at the right time, comforting when needed, and fully understood what was told to her. Jasper refused to accept that his mate had cancer, that she didn't tell him. But then became angry at himself when he noticed the signs. The smell of medication coming from nearby whenever she was around, the bruises that took forever to go away, the times she would get quiet and hunch over, the paleness in her skin and the dark spots under her eyes.