08.

6:05:09

"Okay, fine. Let's say, hypothetically, that was Alice and Jasper walking you to lunch." Angela began, her lips twisting up into a grin, making Emery groan out loud as they walked down the hallway.

"Alright, they walked me to lunch. Are you happy now?" The Swan asked, biting back an amused laugh as her friend walking beside her raised her books in the air triumphantly.

During the rest of their trip to their classrooms on the same floor, Angela spouted on about different scenarios of how Emery met up with the two, ignoring the looks her friend sent her as her theories got worse and worse.

"There's absolutely no way." Emery said, choking on a laugh as Angela went on with the absurd story. "I'm just saying, maybe they always have a sixth sense when it comes to you." Angela continued, but quickly became quiet as they walked up to her locker and spotted the duo she just spoke of, continuously glancing over at them.

Angela cut off Emery before she could even reply and simply nodded her head in their direction, causing her to look over and catch the golden eyes of the two. Emery quickly looked back at Angela with wide eyes as her friend simply looked at her with a red face, holding in laughter as she took in her friend's embarrassment. "They have to know we were just talking about them!" Emery tried to whisper out, but her voice came out unnaturally high, causing the two to look over once again, amusement painted on their faces.

Emery felt her hands began to dampen as she heard the warning bell begin to ring, a reminder of the fact that she would have to sit next to one of the Cullen's she was caught red handed talking about. "Just breathe, maybe it was just their sixth sense telling them that you were coming their way." Angela chimed out, sending her friend a non-descrete wink and a thumbs up as she turned around from Emery and began to walk towards her own classroom.

Seeing as to how they seemed they were almost waiting for her, with the rest of the students beginning to walk inside, Emery quickly readjusted the arms of her backpack and made her way over, staring down at the tiled floor beneath her.

After almost stumbling over her own two feet and seeing the two sets of shoes standing still in front of her, she looked up and began to flush red as she saw the two looking back at her intently.

"Emery." Jasper greeted, his lips almost pursed together, as if he was holding back a grin. Alice, on the other hand, had an amused grin as big as could be on her face, her hand reaching out to lightly tap her on the shoulder.

"We just saw you coming and thought we'd wait." She said, her grin now turning into a fond smile as the Swan looked up at her with a crimson red face. Emery almost jumped as the final bell rang, and almost jumped once again as a gentle and cold hand guided her into the classroom.

Looking back, she was faced with a now smiling Jasper, with his hand placed on her back and with Alice following after them happily. Emery faced front once again and smiled to herself, feeling content as she walked into the classroom with the two.

"So as I was saying, there are allowed to be a few groups of three, due to the irregularity of the amount of the students in this classroom," The teacher continued, looking around at her students with a look of annoyance as they all began to speak over her in excitement. "And although I am allowing you to choose your own partners, need I remind you that this project will accumulate up to a large percentage of the grade you will be passing this class with. So I suggest your take this seriously, and choose partners who have been paying attention."

Emery sunk down in her seat as she listened to the teacher drone on in an almost monotonous tone, dread filling her as she realized she knew no one enough in this class to be invited into a group. She looked to the right, where Alice was once sat, and frowned as she realized that the Cullen was already sitting next to Jasper.