CHAPTER ONE!

CHAPTER NUMBER ONE OF:ELECTRIC LOVE

ELECTRIC LOVE.
(HOMECOMING)

     THE MORENO FAMILY HOUSEHOLD WAS IN ABSOLUTE PEACE. Juliana Moreno, the mother of all four girls that ran around the large house, was just trying to get a headcount at their dining table when she realized she was missing a child. A scream was heard from the other side of the house. There she was.

     "WHO STOLE MY HAIR STRAIGHTENER?" All the girls at the dining table stared at each other with confused expressions. Then, the youngest of the bunch, Harley, began to giggle. "I did." She mumbled to herself. With that, Adrienne Moreno made her entrance.

     Stomping down the stairs, Adrienne narrowed her eyes at her all girl family. From the oldest to the youngest, they all looked exactly like their mother. And thank goodness, because if they had looked like their father then they would be invisible by now. Juliana smiled at her daughter, "Hi, mija! I think it's best if you just sit down and join us for dinner before you decide to kill every single one of us with a butter knife and a fly swatter."

     "That was a one time thing and it was only to Jules!" Adrienne defended the time that she chased the middle child around with a fly swatter while threatening to kill her all because she had taken down her Shawn Mendes poster from her bathroom. "And I had a very good reason to do it, too!"

     "I was uncomfortable!" The brunette piped from the end of the table. "Not my fault I would like Shawn Mendes to see me in such a good light," Adrienne stuck her tongue out, "but no! I cannot sit down and eat because I have to stay skinny and keep the morning skinny from this morning to add it on to the next morning skinny because tomorrow is homecoming! And I'm meeting Alex's family for the first time in all the months that we've been dating. I want to make a good impression on them and make them like me!"

     "Sweetheart, you're Mexican and pretty — you can be considered impressive by just staying in the United States." Adrienne sighed at her mother's words. "Plus, why do you need the straightener? Your hair is already straight enough, I see no reason why you have to add heat to it."

     "To curl it."

     "Use the curling iron."

     "It's different."

     "They're cur—"

     "It's different, mom!" Adrienne cut her mother off. "I just want to be able to have a feeling that his mom and sister and grandma and I think mom's boyfriend and the doctor that his mom works for, likes me." Her family gave her an odd look. "His mom owes a lot of hours apparently so they're all helping her complete them."