CHAPTER FIVE!

CHAPTER NUMBER FIVE OF:ELECTRIC LOVE

ELECTRIC LOVE.
(ALVAREZ VACATION)

THE SHORT HAIRED GIRL had no idea how she ended up in between her boyfriend and her future sister-in-law in a car, stuck in crazy traffic on the way to San Diego. All she really knew was that she was tired beyond belief and all she wanted to do was either sleep or stuff her face with chicken nuggets. Then again, an iced coffee would be nice too.

"Lupe," Lydia drawled out, her head against the dashboard, "I think we should have taken another way to San Diego."

Adrienne looked at her boyfriend who was half asleep and half awake, his red headphones around his neck and his head leaned back against his seat. Alex turned to look at her and gave her a small smile, pecking the side of her head before going to his old position.

"Really mami?" Penelope asked, "Because I picked this route just so we can sit next to the power plant that looks like boobs for half an hour!" Adrienne looked to her left and past Elena to see the power plant her future mother-in-law was talking about. She snorted. "It's okay. It's all gonna be worth it." Penelope looked in her rear view mirror, "Look at this guy behind us, all mad at me. What? What, dumbass?" Penelope then looked to notice that her blinker was on and she sighed. "Oh, my blinker's on. Sorry!"

Adrienne leaned her head on Elena's shoulder and looked down at the cards she punctured holes in to put on a ring so she can study all the vocabulary she needed for the SAT's. Alex looked at his girlfriend in shock, wondering why she chose Elena to lean on when he was right beside her and has been feeding her sour gummy worms for the past hour. "Callow. Juvenile and immature, and look, it's a picture of Alex." Elena smirked as she looked over Adrienne's head to look at Alex.

"Nena, didn't you say reading in the car makes you nauseous?" Adrienne asked, lifting her head up so she can make eye contact with Elena. "Yes, it does, so she needs to stop before she ends up throwing up," Penelope said from the drivers seat. Adrienne nodded and then proceeded to lay her head on Alex's shoulder.

Alex decided now was a good time to be petty and used his hand to pick up Adrienne's head and push it back. Adrienne sucked her teeth and gave him a glare. "Suegra, Alex pushed my head." Adrienne snitched, making Alex roll his eyes.

Penelope turned to glance at Alex, "Alex, don't be messing with my daughter-in-law like that before I make her push you out and leave you here next to that oddly looking power plant."