{38} After Math

(NOT EDITED)

Chapter 38- After Math

Jacob's POV

"What! T-Tell me your l-lying please where's B-Breyanna?" Lilly cried.

She walked to the fridge that had Breyanna's dead body.

"No... No... My baby." She sobs in her mate's chest.

I looked at Breyanna's body it was pale, her lips were blue and her eyes were closed. Her chest weren't moving up and down to tell if she was breathing.

The pain in my heart was still there, burning my insides.

She's gone.

I ran into the forest shifting into my wolf on the way stopping at the lake, we used to go when we were small.

Flashback.

"Jakey, Brook come see," An excited 7 year old Breyanna shouted

Brook and I walked up to Breyanna and saw the lake.

"It's beautiful," Brook gasped. I watched as Breyanna's eyes lit up when Brook said that.

"Wanna go for a swim?" Breyanna asked innocently

"Ok let's go," I grabbed Brook and Breyanna's hand and ran in the water,

"Jakey you got my dress wet," Breyanna pouted.

I watched her pouted,

I wish you were my mate... I thought as I watched Breyanna I will protect her no matter what.

"Jakey, Brook. No matter what you will still be my best friends?" Breyanna asked her hazel eyes looked glassy

"No matter what we will still be best friends," Brook and I said in unison.

"Promise," Breyanna held out her pinky finger.

"Promise,"

But I broke that Promise.

Flashback Over.

My eyes glaze over the lake, I stood up and walked to the water, there I saw Breyanna smiling at me.

I looked at her, my tears escaped my eyes rolling down my cheeks.

"Breyanna?" I asked

"Don't go hard on yourself Jacob, be strong for the pack and me." Breyanna whispered faintly

"Come back to me, I... I need you... Please come back," I pleaded

"I can't, Jacob," She says in a whisper.

"Breyanna please..."

"Good bye, Jacob..." Her face disappeared and I saw my reflection.