Wake me up when Chuseok ends VI

Y/N's POV

You hear the rustling sound of the wind, seeping through the cracks on the wooden window sill. You slowly open your eyes and see the intricate paints on the ceiling. Your head is still buzzing but you push yourself up from wooden bed. You catch your head with your hand and shut your eyes hard.

What did just happened? The last thing you remember is you're under the tree but now it seems like you're inside the palace. Your eyes wander inside the grand room, you thought how they were able to preserve such furnitures as if the time stood still for them.

You put your feet down from the bed and the air got stuck in your throat. "What the hell?" You mutter under your breath as you scan the hanbok you're wearing. The dark blue top loosely cling to your itching body, with silver flowers embroidery along the sides of both sleeves. You fixed the ribbon on your chest which is a deeper shade of blue than the blouse and the gray balloon skirt touches the floor as you stand. You half run your way across the room and the door slams as you open it.

A group of court ladies and eunuch were startled for a second but they immediately bow their heads when they see you. You felt so confuse and uncomfortable.

What the hell is happening? You ask yourself in your head repeatedly.

"My Lady, please let us know how are you feeling?" One of the court ladies ask you and you can't help but chuckle on how she address you. The court lady bow her head even lower when she thought you feel offended.

"We just want to make sure that you're feeling okay or do we need to call the Royal Physician." The other court lady added as she also lowered her head more.

"No! I'm okay." You exclaim too eagerly. You start walking mindlessly, away from them but their footsteps followed you in an instant. You turn to your heel and the ones at the back bump into the ones at the front who were a yard away from you, trying their best to hold their feet and not fall onto you.

"Do.. Do you you really need to follow me?" You asks not looking at them directly while shifting your weight back and forth on each foot. "I'm afraid yes, My Lady." The eunuch responds.

"H-how about just one of you?" You asks again thinking it will be hard to figure out what's happening to you if they're all around you. The respectfully declined. "Two?" You haggle, "Minimum of four, My Lady. Please let us be with you." The nearest court lady to you pleaded. They all sigh in relief at the same time when you agreed.

"Something is so not right." You whisper as you walk around the palace ground.

"What is it My Lady? We will work to make it better for you." You were startled when one of the court ladies ask you. You thought you only said the words to yourself.

"This." You motion your hands to your hanbok dress. "All of you, everything is not right. I shouldn't be here!" You sound exasperated. The court lady did not say a word and you don't know if she understands what you mean or she's just too scared to ask.

You keep pinching your cheeks, hoping you'll wake up but all you got was aching red cheeks. "How long do I have to walk?" You ask the court lady behind you as you wipe the beading sweats on your forehead. The big umbrella carried by the eunuch only covers the sunlight but not much help about the steaming heat.

"Where do you want to go, My Lady?" The court lady asks cautiously.

"Outside." You said while fanning your hand to your face. The blood left the court lady's face and her mouth fall open. There were exchange looks between the servants before she's able to speak again.

"You mean outside, like in the garden? or the pavilion?" She asks in between buckles.

"Outside.. this palace." You answered. They all exclaim in horror and they keep on apologizing to you, saying they will not be able to do it. They blurted simultaneously on how they will be executed or exiled if they follow or help you with your order. What they didn't  know is you feel more horrified seeing their reactions right now.