Something like a Reunion: Part 1

Brittany

   It 10:00 o'clock in the morning and I'm just getting up but surprisingly I am happier than I have been in a while. All of that came to a halt when I open my phone and see multiple calls and text messages from my "boyfriend".

Charles 💔💔

Bae

Bae answer me

Why you just left last night

Bae call me

Baby I'm sorry please call me back

Fuck it I'm coming over!

   I closed my eyes in frustration. I grab my phone again and dial the one person I know would help. On the second ring she answers "taco bell what's your beef?". I can't help but to laugh till I remember why I was calling her "girl I need you to come gets me and now" I replied. "on my way" and just like that we were off the phone and I get up to shower and get dress. About 30 minutes later my phone started ringing. It was here telling me to bring my fat ass outside, her word not mines. I got in the car and she looks at me, shakes her head and pulls off. "alright, what the fuck going on?" my diary (what I call my new best friend from high school) asks me. Jade is the complete opposite of me. She out-spoken, loud, and goofy as hell until you make her made then she is literally a demon. She the light-skin to my dark-skin though, I love her to death. I let her know in on all the thing going on recently including the new information from my boy best friend. She screams "YES MY BITCH BOUT TO GET SOME NEW DICK" I just laugh. We rode around for a while, long enough for Charles to get the hint that I'm not home.   When I got back in the house I just went to lay down and relax. I shot Charles a text saying I was completely done and to lose my number, that all his ask deserves. While playing a game on my phone a message came through, instantly getting annoyed thinking it was Charles. I smile like the Kool-Aid man after seeing who if was from. It literally brightens up my day.

Damien: Hey Beautiful

Me: hey best

Damien: still thinking about last night?

Me: yes 🙈🙈🙈💖

Damien: Good me to, I hope you know ima make you mines soon

We text for the rest of the day, of course flirting again.   This routine went on for weeks till one day he asks me to come see him. In all honesty I scared to see him because although we talk, we haven't seen each other since he graduated from high school four years ago. I don't know if I should go because I don't look nothing like I used to. I definitely not skinning anymore. Thicker then a snicker! Plus, my hair is all natural now in a fro. Fuck it, I want to see him too, I text him and ask for his new address. I put it in google to see how far I have to travel. I'm beyond shock, he literally lives less then 10 minutes from me. I could walk there but of course my lazy ass not doing that.   I made it to his house in about five minutes after catching the bus. Before I call him to let him know I was outside, I look at myself in my phone camera to make sure I look okay. I have on some jeans, a white tank top, and black baseball jersey and my black and white sneakers. Cute but comfortable. I look up and see him on the balcony, he gotten bigger too, his dreads were way longer but he's complexion was still chocolate, just like I like it. I got so nervous out of nowhere and went into the store across the street before he could me.