Chapter One

✩ ⋆ ☽ ⋆ ✩ ⋆ ☾ ⋆ ✩
CHAPTER ONE
WOLF MOON
✩ ⋆ ☽ ⋆ ✩ ⋆ ☾ ⋆ ✩

THE SOUND OF SOMEONE stumbling around the second floor of the house caused Mia to let out a small laugh. She knew that her twin was probably looking for their police radio, which he had borrowed from their dad's office about a year ago. Of course, he hadn't bothered to ask her where it was, and he was wasting time upstairs, especially as it was in the bag behind the sofa.

Mia let out a grunt at the same time her twin did, subconsciously knowing that he probably hit into something while searching. She rubbed her shin, hoping to soothe the pain that seemed to flare up out of nowhere. With a small sigh, she grabbed the bag that was behind the sofa before walking past the kitchen, where her father was sitting.

She quickly ascended the stairs to find her twin rummaging through his drawers, which made the girl shake her head. Her eyes followed his figure as he emptied his lacrosse bag onto his bed, only to let out a frustrated groan when it turned out to be filled with his practice gear.

"Looking for something?" Mia mused as she held up the bag for her brother to see. A smile broke out on the older Stilinski's face as he turned to face his younger sister, who smiled at him.

"You had it the whole time?" Stiles asked as he dropped the black bag onto his bed.

"You didn't bother asking me if I knew where it was," Mia smirked at her brother before hearing her father's radio start to make noise. "And I'm not saying anything, but I think dad just got a call."

Faster than he ran while playing lacrosse, which rarely happened, Stiles ran over to his sister and pulled the device from the bag to turn on the radio. The twins listened carefully as the officer on the other end explained the situation. A jogger had stumbled across a body while on a run through the woods. Not just a body, half of one.

The look on the faces of the Stilinski twins was one filled with mischief. They turned off the radio and waited to hear their dad close the front door, which happened about ten minutes later.

"There's a body." Mia's eyes were wide with excitement as she looked at her brother. "A body in Beacon Hills."

"Let's go get Scott," Stiles made his way to his chair and pulled on his hoodie as Mia braided her hair.