Chapter Eleven

✩ ⋆ ☽ ⋆ ✩ ⋆ ☾ ⋆ ✩
CHAPTER ELEVEN
NIGHT SCHOOL
✩ ⋆ ☽ ⋆ ✩ ⋆ ☾ ⋆ ✩

MIA'S PULSE WAS RACING. She just had a front row seat to watch Derek Hale get killed by the alpha. He may have been a pain in the ass and her stalker, but he was also a friend.

She stood behind Stiles and Scott as they tried to lock the doors behind them. They were speaking in panicked voices as Mia tried to process what had just happened. The brunette was snapped out of her thoughts when her twin walked out of the building.

"Stiles what the hell are you doing?" Mia almost ran out of the school after him, but Scott wrapped his arm around her waist to prevent her from putting herself in danger. "Scott let me go, Stiles could get hurt!"

She struggled against his grip before stopping. Her gaze had found the alpha, who was hiding behind Roscoe.

"Scott, he's gonna get hurt." Mia's voice was laced with panic as she stared at her brother, who hadn't noticed the alpha. "Stiles!"

Using his free hand, Scott began to bang on the window while calling out his best friend's name. He knew that he had to protect Mia, even if she was still angry with him. The teen wolf would never forgive himself if she got hurt because of him.

Their shouts caused the older Stilinski to face them before turning toward his car, and his gaze found the alpha, who was running toward him on all fours. He quickly turned from the alpha and ran to the door with the bolt cutter in his hand.

Stiles opened the door, ran inside and used the bolt cutters as a temporary way to lock the doors. Mia let out a sigh of relief at the sight of her twin. The teen wolf released his grip on his best friend, who weakly smiled at him.

The trio was panting as they looked through the glass panes on the doors for the alpha. They slowly backed away from the doors, but stayed in line with each other.

"That won't hold, will it?" Scott asked.

"Probably not." Stiles' answer made Mia's nerves skyrocket. She didn't want to be back at school after dark, and she sure as hell didn't want to become a chew toy for the alpha.