Chapter Twelve

✩ ⋆ ☽ ⋆ ✩ ⋆ ☾ ⋆ ✩
CHAPTER TWELVE
LUNATIC
✩ ⋆ ☽ ⋆ ✩ ⋆ ☾ ⋆ ✩

MIA STUMBLED OUT OF the Jeep behind Scott and Stiles.  She had been pushed off the edge of her bed by her brother earlier that night when he had an idea.  

Stiles led the way through the preserve as his friend and sister followed behind him.  He had a bottle of whiskey in his bag and Mia had a flask filled with rum for herself.  She enjoyed whiskey on occasion, but preferred rum.

"Where are we going?" Scott asked as he caught Mia, who had tripped over a tree root.

"You'll see," Stiles replied.  Mia knew that her twin wanted to get them far enough into the woods that their father wouldn't see them.

"Cause we really shouldn't be out here." Scott replied in a nervous tone.  "My mom is in a constant state of freak-out from what happened at the school."

"Trust me Scooter, your mom not being the sheriff is an advantage," Mia teased.  "There's really no comparison."

"Can either of you at least just tell me what we're doing out here?"

"Yes!" Stiles exclaimed.  "When your best friend gets dumped-"

"I didn't get dumped! We're taking a break," Scott interrupted.

"All right, well, when your best friend gets told by his girlfriend that they're taking a break," Stiles began.  He turned to Mia, who had a small smile on her lips.

"You get your best friend drunk."

Scott looked at his two best friends, who held up their bottles of alcohol.

✩ ⋆ ☽ ⋆ ✩ ⋆ ☾ ⋆ ✩

Stiles placed the now half-empty whiskey bottle on a rock as Mia took another drink from her flask, which was nearly empty.  She smiled at the taste of the liquor as it seemed to warm her.

Mia could hear her brother talking about how their were so many other girls in the sea, or something like that, but chose to ignore his voice in favor of staring at the stars.  She laid down on the dirt beside Stiles and thought about how perfect tonight seemed.