Chapter 7: im in charge

§

I was already watching a movie on my laptop in bed when April came home at 9:00. "You're home early," I called when I heard the front door open and close. She didn't say anything back, so I closed my laptop and sat up a bit straighter. "April?" I called.

Just when I was about to get out of bed and check on her, she came to my door. I could tell straight away that she had been crying. "What's going on?" I asked, moving my laptop to my nightstand and opening my arms for her to come lay with me. She did, all but running over and jumping onto my bed.

"Please don't say I-told-you-so ," she said, her voice muffled because it was pressed against my stomach.

"I won't, I won't," I said, brushing my fingers through her hair. "What happened?"

"He dumped me!" she cried resting her head onto my shoulder.

"Oh, April," I sighed. "I'm so sorry." I held her tighter.

"He told me he just didn't see us working out," she said. "I don't know what happened! I thought we were working out fine."

"Was that all he said?" I asked. "That's hardly a reason at all. Sounds like a cop out."

"He said-" She sniffed. "-some bullshit thing about not mixing business and pleasure." I froze. "It didn't even make any sense," she continued. "He was just stringing a bunch of words together."

"He really said that?" I asked.

"Mhm," April hummed. "I Feel so stupid." She cried harder.

I sighed. "Please don't cry," I said, placing a kiss to the top of her head. "I can't stand to see you cry, and he's definitely not worth it."

"I really, really liked him, (Y/N)," she said. "I just want to know what I did wrong."

"I know, hon," I sighed. "I'm sorry." She sniffed and reached for my laptop.

"What were you watching?" she asked.

" Divergent," I told her. She opened up my laptop and pressed play on the movie, getting under the covers beside me.

I could hardly concentrate on the film anymore. Maybe I was wrong, but this break-up felt like it had Tom written all over it. The whole mixing business and pleasure thing were his exact words that I had heard before. April rested her head on my pillow and cuddled up to me. It reminded me a lot of how we were when we were kids. April and I were always close, and we never went through phases where we couldn't stand each other. I always let her borrow my clothes, and we only fought over stupid things that we treated as more of a joke than anything else. From day one, I was always willing to do anything for her. This whole situation would be no different.

The next morning, I woke up before April did and got ready for my day. It was around 9:00, and I had plans. I had a mission with one goal: confront Tom Holland and call him out for the asshole he was. By the time I was showered and ready to go -around 10:00- April was still sleeping. I placed a kiss to her forehead and headed out. It was better if she didn't know what I was up to anyway. The last thing she would want would be me meddling.

I drove to Tom and Harrison's house and was a little confused when the gate was open. Confused, but relieved. I wasn't sure they'd let me in if I said, "I'm here to destroy Tom Holland."

I parked the car and stormed up to the front door, then pounded my fist against the wood. "Tom!" I shouted. "Open this fucking door right now!" I kept knocking until, finally, the door opened. Tom was not who was on the other side, though, nor was it Harrison. The boy looked a little bit younger than me and bared a striking resemblance to Tom. I figured they had to be related. "Where's Tom?" I asked, putting my hands on my hips.