Chapter 14

Rezrath and I left The Fortress of Damnation, its halls completely empty, holding Peterkin up to aid his walking. When we got out far enough away from the fortress, I whistled out, and Jasmine galloped to us.

"Jasmine came with you?" Peterkin asked, his breathing still labored.

"Yep," I replied as my loyal steed approached. She winnied excitedly, nuzzling into Peterkin,

"Missed you too lady," he hummed, stroking her nose.

Peterkin, Rezrath and I traveled through the Burning Badlands for three days- a lot faster then how long it took for me to get out here. Soon enough, we were at the front door of my house. Rezrath had his reservations about entering Kateon in the first place, but I managed to convince him, given that we were going to enter the kingdom at night.

Peterkin smiled, "It's good to be home," he looked at Rezrath and I, and his smile seemed to turn sad.

"You aren't coming home, are you?" he asked. I return his sad smile, and glance up at Rezrath,

"As much as I love our family Pette, it's just not home," I reply, "but I've found my home now."

Rezrath smiled, his eyes filled with that adoration that always made me swoon,

"But darling, don't you want to see your family? You haven't seen them in so long."

I shrug, "True, but I could always visit them later, I just want to be with you, my love," I smile happily, "we can run away together."
Rezrath smiled, his ruby eyes reflecting in the full moon's light, giving him an otherworldly glow, "yes, we can run away together."

Rezrath and I stare at each other lovingly, lost in an adoring trance. It was only broken by Peterkin's light cough.

"If that is what you want to do Briar," my brother began, "you know I will always support you."

Peterkin then turned to Rezrath, and I saw him square his shoulders and gain a more intimidating air,

"I know you and Briar can take care of one another," he smiles and relaxes, "I give you my blessing, Rezrath."  My brother extends a hand to him, and Rezrath takes it, shaking it.

"Now both of you should go, before the sun rises." Peterkin whispered as he quietly sat down on the front step. Rezrath and I nodded rushing to Jasmine, and we rode off.

"So, where shall we go, love?" I ask as we leave Kateon once again.

"I know a place that I think you'd like- and don't worry- it's not in the burning badlands." Rezrath replies, chuckling lightly as his hands wrap themselves around my waist.

"Briar," Rezrath whispered after a moment of silence, "I love you."

I smile, taking one of my hands off of the reigns to touch his hands, "I love you too, Rezrath."

(Count: 440)