Chapter 15 *NSFW WARNING*

We road all night into the early hours of the day, the sky just gaining pink hues as we arrive at the outskirts of a forest.
"Keep going," Rezrath told me, "we're almost there."
I continued to move Jasmine through the trees, following the directions of Rezrath. Soon enough, we arrive to a quaint cottage, built with tan stones, and ivy climbing up the sides.
"It's just how I remembered it," Rezrath grinned as he got off of Jasmine's back, "come on, Briar." He took my hand and led me inside, the door unlocked.
The house had three floors- the bottom holding a kitchen, dining area, and a living area, while the top floor held two bedrooms, a bathroom, and a storage area filled with a farrago of magical objects. I had no idea what was on the third floor, but by this point I was too hungry and tired to care.
We ate a very large breakfast, a combination of my pre-existing food stash and fruits from the house's garden. After our meal, Rezrath and I passed out on the couch, not able to even make it to one of the beds.

It was a couple of hours later when I woke, Rezrath's arms holding me to his chest, his wings providing some protection from the sun's harsh rays, though some beams broke through his obsidian feathers. I could feel his gaze upon my back- that adoring gaze that makes me blush like a little girl. I turn in his arms to face him, and he smiles tiredly.
"Had a good rest?" he asked, his voice still etched in the stupor of waking up.
"Mhm," I sighed, nuzzling into his broad chest, "how long have you been up?"
"Not that long, only a few minutes," he replied, "I know we had a big breakfast, but are you hungry for anything?"
"Not really," I said, stroking his chest gently, "I just wanna stay here with you."
Rezrath chuckled, pressing a kiss to my forehead, "that's perfectly alright with me."
We laid in silence for a few moments, relishing being able to hold one another without any impending danger hanging over our heads.
"You know," Rezrath whispered, "this house belonged to my mother."
I looked up at him curiously, "was your mother human?"
Rezrath smiled, "yeah, she was. Eons ago, she was apart of a cult dedicated to my father. At one one point, my father was counted as a god- a god of war, death, and lust," his smile quickly turned to a smirk as he noticed my cheeks heat up.
"He was called upon to aid humans in battle, and to protect the dying as they took their final breath. It wasn't until this 'new order' of gods took over that he became a malicious demon bent on destroying humanity."
I frowned- the Heavenly Order has been the main religion of Kateon and many of the kingdoms around us, for centuries. But I, as well as my mother, were worshippers of many of the deities of The Arcane- the old gods. It was heavily frowned upon if you didn't worship the Heavenly Order, so we kept our practice to ourselves, but still going to religious ceremonies to keep our family name in good light. I had no idea that De'Mentian was an Arcane deity- my mother never spoke of him while I was learning about the religion- I suppose since he and his children were enemies of Kateon, she didn't want to mention it.
"My father is actually fond of humans- but he is not at all fond of the Heavenly Order," Rezrath continued, "His cult was good to him, and he considered them as his children for a very long time. My mom was one of his priestesses, and he favored her most of all. Eventually they fell and love and married, my mother becoming a goddess of passion and devotion," he smiled, his hands rubbing my back gently as he held me, and I couldn't help but smile in return.
"My parents loved how fond I was of humans, and my mother often took me here to talk about humans and human life- though she did admit that she was quite out of the loop- it being centuries since she was human. They wanted to imprint that fondness into my brothers, but clearly, it never worked,"he chuckled, sighing quietly, "But now, my family has been painted in such wicked ways for so long that sometimes they begin to act how they are portrayed- malicious and bloodthirsty- but I never really felt that way. I suppose I'm more of a love god than a war god."
For a moment, we were silent, just getting lost in each other's eyes. Then, I leaned in, and placed a soft kiss on his lips.
Rezrath's arms instantly tightened their grip around my waist, his smooth tongue gliding across my lips. I grant him access, the muscle gliding across all corners of my mouth. The sensation was a strange one, but it definitely did something to my insides- they flip-flopped, and I felt myself grow hot.
Our kiss went from soft to passionate, our lips only parting for a quick breath as Rezrath sat up on the couch, pulling me into his lap.
I whined softly as his clothed, quickly growing erection pressed against my clothes core. He moaned and pulled me into another heated kiss.
"Briar, are you sure you want this," Rezrath growled in my ear as he placed soft kisses on my neck, "because once we start, I won't be able to stop."