𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE:THE TREATY'S VOID

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE:
THE TREATY'S VOID

ECHO'S JAW CLENCHED WHEN Jacob appeared at the Cullen house, telling the vampires that the wolves were coming for Bella.

"I might actually kill my friend." Echo mumbled as she ran her hands through her hair. The rest of the Cullen's were all placed in the living room where Bella was laying.

"Sam's lost the element of surprise and he doesn't wanna take you on outnumbered. So he's not gonna come at you head on. He's got the place surrounded and he'll wait for his opportunity." Jacob informed. Carlisle glanced over at Echo who looked stressed. He placed an arm securely around the older Swan's waist, causing her to look up at him with worry.

"He won't get through without a fight." Emmett stated.

"No fights. We won't be the ones to break the treaty." Carlisle shook his head.

"The treaty is void, at least in Sam's mind."

"Not in ours." Echo said.

"Carlisle, no one's hunted for weeks." Emmett tried.

"We'll make do." Carlisle told him before looking over at the wolf. "You've done us a great service, Jacob. Thank you."

The wolf nodded his head before walking out of the home. Echo had to admit, her hunger was starting to grow worse and worse, due to the fact that she was still a newborn and she was still getting used to the vegetarian diet. She tried not to think about it, knowing that it would affect Jasper as much as it would her and she really wasn't comfortable with the thought of her sister becoming a snack.

At the thought of Bella, Echo's jaw clenched. She could hear her heartbeat and the blood running through her veins. She had to force herself to step outside of the house as she felt her eyes darken. She was just starting to get the gold to appear in her eyes, she really didn't want them to change back to red just when she got them to change to gold. Carlisle walked outside and looked at the girl, she shook her head.

"I can't do it. Carlisle, I have to feed. If I don't I'm going to end up killing my little sister and I really don't want to do that." Echo told him. "I won't be gone long, but I need to lower my hunger before it becomes too much."

"With the wolves out there, E, I don't want you getting hurt." Carlisle told her.

"I won't get hurt. I'll be fine." Echo promised. She looked Carlisle in the eye and before he could protest any further, Echo was gone. Rosalie stepped out onto the porch and placed a hand on her adoptive father's shoulder.

"She'll be alright, Carlisle. If anyone of us could go hunting without being attacked by the wolves, it would be Echo."

Carlisle looked over at his daughter who sent him a nod as well as a small smile. He let out a sigh before nodding his head. Rosalie walked back into the home and after Carlisle looked in the direction Echo had run off in, he had joined her, quickly doing some x-rays on Bella to slightly distract himself from the worry that was creeping inside of him.