𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐰𝐨

CHAPTER FORTY-TWO:RENESMEE CULLEN

CHAPTER FORTY-TWO:
RENESMEE CULLEN

JACOB SAT THERE, HUGGING Bella close to him so as to warm her up. Echo was increasingly growing worried. She realized that every time she would try to heal Bella, she would grow weak and need to feed before she did it again. Echo pressed her fist gently against her mouth as she looked at Bella, she looked like she was going to be sick again. Echo so desperately wanted to take the pain away from her little sister, and it was physically hurting her that she couldn't do so.

"We need to find a way to get some food into her system." Echo told the Cullen's, worry evident in her voice.

"If I could only see the fetus." Alice mumbled.

"The baby." Rosalie corrected.

"Maybe I could figure out what it wants." Alice finished, ignoring Rosalie.

Edward looked over at Jacob before saying, "I think you might be right. Jacob just had an idea."

"It wasn't an idea. It was a snide comment." Jacob stated making Echo roll her eyes.

"What were you thinking?" Carlisle asked.

"That it's probably just looking for someone to sink its teeth into." Jacob stated. Echo glanced over at Carlisle, the two sharing a look.

"He's thirsty." Bella stated.

"I know the feeling." Emmett mumbled.

"If it's craving, it's not gonna want animal blood." Edward shook his head.

"I have some O negative laid aside for Bella." Carlisle stated before leaving the room to go get it. Echo quickly followed after him. She grabbed a Styrofoam cup as Carlisle joined her in the kitchen. He looked at the girl before telling her, "Hold your breath." She nodded her head and watched as he poured the blood into a cup. Echo grabbed a straw and placed it in the cup before walking over to Bella and handing it to her. When she was sure the girl had a hold on it, she let go and walked back over to Carlisle so that she wouldn't have to look at the tempting liquid.

"Wait! Wait! Wait! You're gonna make her drink that?" Jacob asked, mainly looking at Echo as he spoke. She went to open her mouth to say something, but Carlisle quickly beat her to it.

"It's the fastest way to test the theory."

"Only if you're comfortable with it." Echo softly said to her.

"I'll try anything." Bella nodded.

"I think I'm gonna be sick." Jacob muttered as Bella started to drink it.

"It tastes. . .good." Bella stated. Echo closed her eyes in relief. Bella drinks more of the blood and hums in delight. Carlisle walked over to her, placing his fingers onto her wrist so that he could check her pulse.