Ch. 15 Free Falling

Allison

The next couple of days flew by. Tate was never physically far away and when he was, my mind would just wander to him. I was hooked! I forgot all my worries about school and what the end of the summer would bring. I forgot about Kimber. It was just the two of us and nothing else mattered.

Thursday morning, I woke up to the sun just starting to peak through the East facing window of my room. I was not ready to start the day, looking at my alarm clock at 5:30 am, just great! But there was a long list of things that I had been neglecting this week and needed to get them done. So, I drug myself out of bed reluctantly and just about face planted as I tripped over a pile of dirty clothes.

Grumbling to myself about laundry, I trudged to the bathroom to wash my face and throw my hair up in a messy bun. No need to take a show yet, I was going to clean the house. I changed out of dad's old t-shit that I always slept in, not wanting to ruin it while cleaning and just threw on a black sports bra and a pair of gray sweats. No one needed anything fancy while cleaning, right? I grabbed my phone and headset, being too early in the morning I didn't want to wake mom up by playing music as I cleaned.

Loading up the dirty laundry basket and stripping the sheets off my bed and then tip toeing into mom's room I gathered her laundry basket. I walked to the washing machine and separated the clothes by color and threw the first load of laundry in. Going to the kitchen I opened the cabinet door, underneath the sink, and grabbed my old broken-down caddy of cleaning supplies and walked to the bathroom. After half an hour of scrubbing the shower, toilet, sink and mirror the bathroom was almost done. I decided I would clean the rest of the house before worrying about the floors so I could do them all at once.

Dancing my way to the kitchen I loaded the dishwasher, turned it on and scrubbed down the counters, cabinets and table, then took out the trash while dancing to the music flowing through my headphones. Next to the living room. This room was used the least in my house, so it never took long to clean. Finally, after getting all the dusting completed, I grabbed the broom and started sweeping the dark colored laminate flooring. As I swept and mopped, I danced around the house, hey who said you couldn't have fun while cleaning?

I was twirling around in the kitchen when suddenly a pair of arms wrapped around me. Ripping my headphones from my ears I screamed, "AHHH", and using my martial arts training flipped the person over my shoulder. They landed on the floor in front of me on their back, I instantly took up a fighting stance and looked down at my attacker.

"Ow!" the voice rang out. "What the hell?!?"

"Oh, for Goddess Sake Tate!" You hollered at him. "What the hell are you doing breaking into my house and grabbing me like that? I thought you were going to kill me! " I shook my head.

"Geez girl, you sure know how to put someone in their place." I reached out offering my hand to Tate and helped him up.

"So why did you just let yourself into my house?" I asked.

"Well, I came over to see you. Maybe go for a run? " He started, "But I knocked, and you didn't answer, then I saw you dancing around so I let myself in. Speaking of, why would you leave your front door unlocked? "

"Usually I don't have weird people trying to get my attention, so there's no need." You snarked.

Tate growled, "Don't even joke about that!"

I rolled my eyes, "I took the trash out 10 minutes ago. Usually the door is locked you jerk. "

"Do you have time to go for a run?" He asked.

"Umm... yeah, I am done cleaning for now until the laundry is ready to be changed again. But, let me check on my mom first. I need to let my wolf out for a while anyway. It's been a while since she got to run. "