33. Going Crazy

-Chase-

-Chase-

We started our trip back to Ben's house late the next day. Dante slept most of the drive back, giving me a lot of time to rearrange my thoughts. We had new information now, but a hell of a lot more questions too, and I couldn't wait to start finding the answers.

Dante was still reluctant to talk about what we saw, so I had decided not to start with my investigations before arriving back at home. Holding myself back was killing me, but it wasn't good enough excuse to ruin Dante's little vacation.

He loved the mountain. Seeing him getting excited over my world warmed my heart more than I could've ever imagined. No matter how impatiently I had waited for us to get back home to solve this little riddle that was Dante, I didn't have the heart to cut our time in the mountain short. On the contrary, we had stayed as long as we could before we had to give our room to the next person.

Once again, I promised that once this was all over, we'd come back for such a long vacation that eventually King Gregor himself had to come to throw us out of his mountain.

I stole a glimpse of Dante's handsome face. This little getaway had changed him so much, both physically and mentally. He had gained a lot of weight, maybe fifteen or even twenty pounds. In a few days. The clothes I had bought him after he returned to me had been too big for him, but now... They actually fit him. He was really close to his normal body weight.

"Werewolves..." I chuckled quietly, shaking my head.

When they started gaining muscle mass, they really started gaining muscle mass.

Elena had told me where to buy the ingredients for the bath they used in the ritual, and I went a little bit crazy with the whole thing. I had several big boxes of minerals in the trunk; enough to last for a lifetime. Or two. But Dante needed it. His body needed it. That one, hour-long bath had done wonders for him.

And he sure did wonders for me afterwards... A smile crept up on my face when the images of him lying underneath me invaded my mind. I had to be careful not to get aroused right there and then, but it was certain that I could not wait to try that bath once we got back home...

But first things first.

It was dark already when we finally arrived, but the house still had lights on. It took me a moment to wake up Dante, who spent a few more moments to look around in his sleepy confusion. I had been planning on giving him his potions to help him fall asleep, but it seemed like there was no need for one.

Ben greeted us shortly when we got in, but I asked him to wait for a bit while I helped Dante upstairs and made sure he fell asleep – it took him only a few minutes to do so.

I watched him with a smile on my face. My very, very, very tired baby, hugging his pillow... I was sad that I couldn't stay with him, but I had to go talk to Ben.