Chapter 7 - The Weeping Walls

I can't believe Elias Gauthier is sitting right next to me, driving my car. If someone were to tell me this morning that this was going to happen, I would have told them that they were crazy. But then again, for the life of me, I wouldn't have thought that Dillon and one of my best friends would betray me this way.

My phone has been beeping several times with incoming messages but I choose to ignore it. When the song A Thousand Years by Christina Perry plays on my phone, signaling an incoming call from Dillon, it connects with the car's android system and fills the car with a ringing tone. The name Dillon My Bae simultaneously comes up on the car screen.

My fury blazes. That lying cheating dog!

A thousand years...hah! I know, it's cheesy, but I put that song for his calls because I binge-watched Twilight last year. That was when we first went out together and I stupidly thought that he was going to be my Edward. And I programmed that stupid name on my phone for him because... Well, there's no excuse for that, except that I was lame and stupid. I should remember to change it to Dillon the Cheating Baboon or Dillon the Jackass on my phone later tonight- even though that wouldn't be fair to baboons and jackasses everywhere. Maybe I should block his number. But that feels so final...

"Aren't you going to get that?" Elias' voice sounds terse. His jaw is tight and he's staring straight ahead with that aloof look on his face. The playful and amused Elias is gone. If I didn't know any better, I'd think he looks and sounds almost like he's jealous.

"No," I say, and violently jab the red sign on the screen to reject the call.

When the ring starts again, I fish the phone from my purse and hit the power off button, ending the incessant ringing.

My anger quickly turns to sadness...and confusion. What have I done to deserve this? I'd never have betrayed my friends like this. I'd never have done this to anyone. Years of friendship and trust are now gone. Just like that. Why did they do this to me?

Tears are threatening to come out again and I blink rapidly to keep it at bay. I wrap my arms around myself and stare out the side window, feeling very sorry for myself.

I feel his curious stare on me several times but I'm not ready to talk to anyone about it. Besides, I know I'd lose my battle with the tears if I start talking now.

The road is deserted without any traffic at all at this time of the night. It's miles and miles of private properties and woods on either side. It's darkness all around except for the streetlights every now and then. It feels like we're far away from any living soul.

A while later, he's leaning forward to go through several different radio stations. He stops when the song Sexy and I Know It by LMFAO blares out from the speakers.

Curiosity got me watching him from the corner of my eye.

He's driving with one hand bracing the top of the steering wheel while nodding his head to the tune. When he starts to move, flexing his muscles and lip-synch to the song, I lost it. I burst out laughing.

It's hilarious and he looks sexy doing it too. My god, so sexy...

He rolls his shoulders, showing off his flexing muscles. Then he runs his hand down his chest towards his flat abs and lower. When it gets to the part "I got passion in my pants and I ain't afraid to show it", He does a restraint thrust of his hips and I get all hot and bothered but I keep laughing.

I'm still laughing when he's done and his gaze catches mine.

"Didn't know I could move like that, did you?" He has that sexy little smile playing on his lips.