Chapter 1: The Memory

Diana woke up in the middle of the night as she was looking around the room. She was in her room and she was alone. The sweat was making her clothes wet as she was wiping the sweat on her forehead as was looking outside the window.

It was midnight, maybe I should go for a walk, she thought before her heart was giving some tug as if it has another idea at the moment.

Stupid memory, she mused before she threw the blankets away as she was getting up from the bed. She took the robe and put it around her nightgown that was see-through as if there will be someone to look at it.

There is but I don't think he would be coming in here, she thought before Diana shook her head. It will never do her any good if she was remembering the moment of that night from 2 months ago when she was having a tryst with Arthur Adamos, the Gamma of the pack.

Maybe I was having too much drink that night, she justified but she knew the truth of what was happening that night.

She was sober and so was he. She cannot push the memory away as she was feeling the ache between her thighs of the licking and sucking of that wonderful tongue and mouth to get her to feel the pleasure that she never knew she wanted.

After that night, everything changed.

Her heart was yearning for him every day and every night but Diana did not tell anyone—not even her mother—that she had found someone. Her true mate.

Well, they all knew now but they did not know who the one for her was.

Diana hugged herself before she was opening the balcony of her window and stared into the dark forest that was spreading out on the horizon. She had known all these forests since she was a little girl and right now, she was feeling alone.

Distant from anything else.

I wished Arthur would be here with me, she mused before Diana realized that she had not been thinking about Arthur in that way ever since that night. It must be the time of the month for her to be in heat.

Diana sighed before she was about to retreat to the safety of her room. Then, she saw something moving inside the forest as her super sensitive ears were listening to it. She cannot make out the figure who was in that forest but she knew one thing for sure.

Someone was watching her.

Without thinking anything else, Diana jumped from her window to the ground before she was shifting in midair. She landed on her four paws before she was shaking her brown fur as her wolf was talking to her.

'It has been a long time since you let me out,' her wolf purred before Diana was rolling her eyes.

'I've been... busy,'

'Uh-huh. Like anyone will believe that honey,' her wolf said before Diana was snapping her jaws before she was snarling at the dark.

'Can we just move already? I am being restless now,' her wolf complained before Diana was letting her control her body as she was maneuvering through the dark, thick forest before she was catching the scent of the trespasser.

Sandalwood... Huh.

She shook her head before she was sniffing on the ground, trying to locate the direction of the scent in the forest.

'South,' her wolf said before Diana was running in the southern part of the forest to catch the intruder and perhaps have a little chat with them.

*****

Arthur was looking at the beautiful princess that was trapped inside the cottage as he was walking along with the dark bushes. It has been 2 months since he has tasted his mate and right now, he was getting anxious as his wolf wanted to claim Diana to be his. Forever.