Chapter 7: The Cave

Was I dreaming? Perhaps I was, Arthur thought as he was tilting his head to the side as he was looking at Diana. She blushed as the warm glow from the fire was heating her face.

"I will keep watch and you can bathe then," Arthur said, finishing the rabbit that they ate before he was about to get up. Then, Diana was tossing the rabbit aside as well. She pulled Arthur by the hand as he turned to look at it.

Their hands intertwined before his green eyes were focusing on Diana's lovely face. She was looking at him and his wolf was roaring inside him at the touch.

'Take her,'

'Claim her,'

'Make her ours,' it purred before Adam was reigning the control that was being torn apart inside him, even when his facial expression said nothing.

"Thank you," Diana said softly as if she was afraid to say it out loud as they were in the cave. The echo can be noisy and attract another predator inside their cave. Not on my watch, Arthur made a snarl inside his head before he was blinking his eyes as he was looking at Diana.

"For what?"

"For saving me. And I know that I have been utter... bitch to you these past months and I hope that you will forgive me, Arthur," Diana said as her grip tightened around his hand. Arthur gulped.

Control, Adamos, control, he reminded himself before his wolf was purring at the contact, wanting for more.

'What are you waiting about? She confessed her love, didn't she? It is time to take what was ours,' it said before Arthur nodded.

"And I understand if you think I was rejecting you because—"

Arthur did not let her finish for he claimed Diana's lips as he was pushing her against the wall of the cave. She gasped as it was a sudden assault on her lips but Diana moaned before she was putting her hands on his hard chest.

It was the most glorious, simple touch he ever received from her.

She moaned into their kiss as Diana snaked her hands around his nape before pulling him closer. They were naked and he can feel her hardened nipples of her grazing across his naked chest. Arthur broke the kiss before he was staring into her gray orbs.

"Are you sure about this?" he asked, panting for he knew that if they cross this bridge together, there will be no turning back from there now.

"Yes, I have suffered enough in two months without you, Arthur. And I cannot take it any longer. My wolf was going crazy without you. I am going crazy without you in my life," Diana said before she was pulling him against her. They were kissing again before Arthur hauled her into his arms and went to the makeshift bed that he made for her.

Now, it was time to use it for its purpose, once and for all.

*****

Glorious, utter glorious as she was kissing her mate. Arthur Adamos, her true mate. Diana was done playing to ignore the sensation and the bond that snapped when they were imprinting each other months before that.

It was time to tie those knots together with no separation anymore.

Diana was moaning into the kiss that they shared as Arthur laid her on the makeshift bed as she was roaming his naked body.

Those muscles were taunting her fingertips as she was gripping his biceps before Arthur broke the kiss and he was looking at her with his green eyes that were glowing like emeralds in the dim light coming from the fire.

"I love you, Diana Marchand. I always have even before the imprint was done between us," he whispered before Diana was coming closer to claim his lips once more.