Chapter 4: The Favor

Diana was looking around the ground of the warriors that were training in the field. It was midnight for the wolves were active at night and it was the best time for them to show their strength and no restraints required when the humans were awake.

They would not dare to come to the forest in the middle of the night unless they wanted to die.

She was looking for the familiar black hair and green eyes that she would see from a distance amongst the brunette and grey orbs. He stood out like the leader he was for the warriors. Arthur Adamos was certainly fitted for the title of the Gamma of the pack.

Diana sighed before she was walking down the field as she was trying to conceal her presence from the warriors. It was hard enough that she was unmated and there were thousands of unmated males on the field. She just didn't want to get into any trouble in that case.

Except, perhaps, with the Gamma. She shivered at the thought.

Diana knew that she was asking for trouble when she headed out to find Arthur in the middle of the training field. But he usually is here. Where is he? She thought before she was moving along the shadows as her father taught her. It was useful in a time like this.

"And what, exactly, are you trying to do here?" someone asked when Diana froze against the walls as she sensed the presence of the familiar body heat.

Arthur, he's here.

She closed her eyes as her wolf was calling out for the Gamma's touch. Stop it! She reminded her wolf before she snarled at her as Diana was rolling her eyes at her. She turned around to see the vivid green eyes that were shining in the dark before Diana smiled at him.

"Well, you know. Sightseeing. Wanting to learn about the warriors and all that stuff," she said as she was backing away from Arthur who was advancing on her.

"Is that so? And what have you learned so far, princess?" he asked as Diana was trying to find the escape route from him. Her mind was turning like wheels at the moment.

"That we don't have an efficient way to make sure that everything will be smooth and correlated with the attacks that have been sighting from last week," she babbling as if she knew what she was talking about.

She was not.

Arthur arched his eyebrow at Diana before he chuckled slowly. She was looking at the escape route that she managed to get as she was distracting the Gamma. This is my chance, take it now, she mused before she was trying to make a move that would not be alerting the male in front of her right now.

"I would not do that if I were you. I have placed some guards alongside the fields to make sure that no one, including, can get pass through if we were trying to rehearse the defenses," Arthur said before Diana froze as he trapped her inside his arms.

She shivered, and it was not from fear.

Diana turned her face to look up to Arthur. They were inches away as their hot breaths mingled before she noticed that his eyes were shining dangerously in the dim moonlight.

"Why are you truly here, Diana? Are you here to torture me with your presence? Is this what it's all about?" he asked her as if Arthur was trying to control the wolf that was trying to get out from him. Diana looked at her before she was shaking her head, wanting to tell him the truth about her visit.

"Then what? You would never grace your presence here," Arthur smirked before he was looking into her eyes, "unless you want to. Are you trying to find your mate then?" he added before the Gamma was staring into her eyes even more, like looking into her soul.