24. Tesoro

Enjoy🌸

VALENTINA

"Hello?" I said as it was an unknown number.

"Tina." The voice whispered making my body go rigid and my breathing quickened.

His voice is enough to bring back all the memories we had.

Good and bad.

Some painful.

"Um..wh...what...Dante?" I whispered stuttering sitting up on the bed alert.

"How are you my tesoro?" He asked in his deep husky voice and cold tone I remember.

Please don't call me that.

Alright Val. Get yourself together and be brave.

"Why did you call?" I asked trying to talk in my normal voice.

"To talk with my tesoro. Why else?" He replied.

"You're twenty five not just five. Can you act like a mature person for once and let go instead of acting like a child!?" I snapped a little loudly.

"Hey! I'm not a child. You are." He retorted making me chuckle humorlessly.

He hasn't changed that much. Not with the kiddish attitude like David. How I wish he didnt do all that stuff back then. Life would've been so much different now.

"That. That is exactly why you're a child." I hissed.

"I want you back." He said being his cold self again.

"You never had me in the first place Dante." I whispered closing my eyes.

"You were mine the second I saw you tesoro. Dont make me the bad guy because we both know that I am not the bad guy here." He said in a low voice.

How can I forget what you did though? Even if it wasn't your fault completely you did that to me.

What If I died in that shooting?

"I cant forget what you did." I hissed angry.

"I didnt do that Tina. I'm not that horrible of a person." He muttered sighing.

Oh really?

What about kidnapping me then?

"Just leave me alone. I'm really genuinely happy in my life right now. Why do you have to spoil everything!?" I snapped angrily.

"Do you have anyone in your life tesoro?" He asked in a cold tone making me tense.

As if I'll ever tell you.

"No." I said making him chuckle humorlessly.

"Still don't know how to lie? Who is he?" He asked Coldly.

One thing is changed in these two years for sure. He never used to speak in a cold tone. He always was warm as much as I can remember.

"I'm not lying." I said with gritted teeth.

"Alright. If you say so. I just called to tell you that I'll soon take what belonged to me. If you're smart you know what to do." He said with an underlying meaning I couldnt understand.

What does he mean by me knowing what to do? What should I do?

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"It means if you're smart then you won't trust everyone and stay safe. For me." He said coldly and hung up.

What the fuck just happened? Did he just asked me to stay safe?