1. She Is Happy

They say, you always pay the price of love. But you know what is more tragic, you won't always be the ones who are in love.

And the price was disguised as annoying, spoiled and straight forward rude step siblings. That is what all seven of us were thinking while waiting for the bride to come at the altar.

The romantic leads of this tragedy and the ones starting all of this are Avery Wilson, my mom and Noah Cynati, my soon to be step father. The five fudging pigs a.k.a my soon to be step brothers as well as me and my little sister Poppy are not really enthralled by this arrangement. But what can we kids say. When our parents are happy, we are happy. At least we pretend to be.

Well now once again lets move our focus to the romantic leads. Having nothing in common, apart from being single parents, their decision to marry came out as surprise to pretty much everyone. Their story felt like an adult version of a good girl falling for a bad boy and vice-versa.

It seems like this because my mother is a pretty simple college professor who loves playing cards and finding me potential boyfriends, whereas Noah is our billionaire businessman who loves collecting wine and minding his own business, very much unlike my mom.

They first met at a seminar that was held at my mother's college. Noah was present there to speak about his arms and ammunition business and how he faced a lot of obsticles on his way to success and other blah-blah stuff when he caught my mom's attention.

And Noah got intrigued by my mom because, well, its tough not to. She is a beautiful woman with medium length wavy black hair and perfectly symmetrical face. Even at the age of 43, she somehow maintained her figure without doing anything special. If you ask her how that is possible she would answer humbly 'by doing the household chores, people these days don't want to do household chores'. Except she doesn't really sound humble when saying that.

Well not only her physical appearance but her jolly personality and radiant smile are tough to be ignored. Our Indian streak which is not so visible also makes her and Poppy more adorable (unfortunately making me the goofy one).

So they clicked instantly and boom, after one year they are getting married. I do think its a bit early but she denied. Mother knows best. Her words not mine.

"Co, she is here" Poppy gushed, snapping me out of my thoughts

"Co, she is here" Poppy gushed, snapping me out of my thoughts. I focused my attention back on the isle were my mother was walking with grandpa. The beautiful mermaid wedding dress she was wearing enhanced her hour glass figure. Though the veil was covering her face, one could still make out how mesmerizing she looked. Oh my beautiful mother!

When she reached the altar, grandpa gave her hand to Noah, who was still looking quite astounded. He grabbed her hand delicately, as if any tighter and she would disappear.

"Look after my girls" grandpa said with tearful eyes, at which Noah nodded with determination.

Mom took her place in front of Noah and the pastor started. The boys were standing near Noah and when our eyes met, all of them glared at me and Poppy, which we returned with the same intensity. In this one year, me and Poppy have met the boys a couple of times, not a lot though because Noah and the boys lived in another city. And to say the least, these meetings were not really pleasurable for me and Po. We do not like the boys at all.

And as of Noah, he seems good. Though I still haven't coped with the idea of getting a stepfather. I am a bit apprehensive of all this. Step father, step brothers, that also five, it all seems a bit hectic -

"You may kiss the bride" these words brought me back to reality. With that Noah caught my mother's chin and slowly kissed her.

After mom pulled out, she gave a contagious smile.

I remembered what all she has been through. She deserved so much happiness and love.

She looked happy. At that moment I understood, this price of love, this new family, this was all nothing in front of my mother's happiness.

The first chapter. Dude that was tough. The next chapter you will finally meet the boys properly.