2. Where It Started

Yesterday, the marriage went well. Atleast better than was expected. No food fights, no fist fights. Well there wasn't any fights at all just giving murderous looks here and there, that's all.

Today we are moving into a bigger house that could accommodate all of us. Noah and the boys were moving to our city because it will help their business somehow and, well, Noah is whipped. What mom says, goes

"Girls I need both of you to be polite and humble towards your brothers" mom said.

"Step brothers" me and Poppy interrupted.

We were on our way to our new home. Well, its in the same city so me and Po won't be changing schools.

"I just want this to work out for all of us," mom sighed "I wish all of you warm up to each other."

"Don't worry, mom. We will be fine" I assured her "Right Po?"

"Yes mom. We will be as fine as Kylie Jenner's eyebrows." Po replied.

Mom gave a hearty chuckle at our assurance, probably a little less nervous now about all of this and continued driving to our new home.

⊂(◉‿◉)つ

After a short while we reached our destination. Noah and the boys were already there and seemed to be waiting for us.

When our house came into view, it felt nice to know that we will be living here from now on. Though it has to be shared with some of the most annoying and arrogant boys on the face of earth.

Ok it might seem a bit exaggerated but no, it isn't.

I still remember meeting them for the first time. It was were our mutual hate started.

Flashback

"We are doing this" mom said, taking a deep breath. She was behaving as if she was going on a war, which was funny if you ask me.

"They are just some highschool boys, what could go wrong." I wondered out aloud.

"Well a lot of things. What if they don't like you and conspire to kick you out of Noah's life" Po exclaimed thoughtfully.

"Or they might not like your cooking skills" I added.

"Or they might force Noah to give your wardrobe a makeover."

"And then make him think he is doing you a favour by getting you all dolled up according to his preference, disregarding your choice and comfort" I ranted off.

Mom's experience could be best described as an uncle who was asked to change his newly born nephew's dirty diaper. Well, weird reference.

With that she turned back on her heels and took off in the direction where our car was parked

"Hey! Mom stop." I ran after her and caught her elbow pausing her venture to run off.

"Mommy dearest, me and Po were just joking. We were trying to lighten the mood which kind of didn't work" I sighed.

Mom still looked unsure. She was having an internal battle. She has been like this since.. since her divorce. Panicking and overthinking about every tiny detail. After what seemed like forever, she finally spoke.

"What if the boys don't like me? I know Noah. He portrays himself as a tough man with a cold heart. But god knows, thats not what he is like. He has a soft spot for his children. And I admire him for that. I know he raised his children way differently than I raised both of you. I don't think this would work out for them or even for us." She exhaled. It bothered her to speak what was on her mind. She was afraid of these thoughts being true.

"Mom listen, this is the first time I am meeting this Noah guy. But what I already know is that you really like him. So according to me he is lucky to have someone like youin his life. Someone so beautiful, so interesting and so strong.  And if he likes you as well, then his children won't mind. They will try to understand, for his happiness. Don't worry," I put both of my hands on her shoulder and looked her in the eyes before continuing, "Everything will be alright. Me and Po will support all of your decisions."

My speech had an effect on mom because the next thing I know is that mom had engulfed both me and Po in her arms.

"What am I going to do without both of you" she said, her mouth pressed against my hairs.

"Mom this is embarrassing" I whined.

"Oh shut up! And Po?"

"Yes mom"

"You need to stop seeing those k-dramas. These conspiring ideas need to stop."

Po whined at this but I found it funny. After that we pulled out of the hug.

"So lets do this" mom said, determined.

"Yeah!"  "Woah!" Me and Po chorused.

"Lets show them who is the boss"

"Definitely us" we cheered.

After our pep talk, we turned in the direction of the restaurant and noticed a lot and I mean a lot of people, staring at us.

"Did we just do all of that in front of this world class restaurant where half the people come just to take snaps and brag about it later and the other half because they don't deem any other place up to their status" I gulped at the sight of the restaurant in front of me because it was not anything I was accustomed to.

One word to describe it would be glorious. It had elegance and sophistication in its ambience. Though it looked like a castle, it still had a modern vibe. The floor shined like clear water. Although I felt like stopping to check my reflection, I didn't dare do it. The thought of being judged here was quite overwhelming.

After the enquiry with the receptionist, we were being directed towards the table but to my surprise a whole damn private dining room was reserved by Noah. Well slow down there buddy.

"Mr Cynati is already waiting inside" the waiter said and left the three of us alone with our thoughts in front of the  closed door that was connected to the private dining room.

"Mom, I feel weird. Its like everybody is watching me" Po nervously glanced around.

Oh my poor baby. She must be overwhelmed and afraid because of this unusual environment.

"So am I baby," mom said looking down at her "but remember no one here has an effect on you unless you let them. So keep that head up and be the tough girl I know you are."

With that we straightened our dresses and went in.

I wish you like it. I know I said I will tell you about the boys in this chapter but sorry I thought this much would be enough.

Love you all,
Morosis