3. Sounds Like Poop

Flashback continued

The room we entered went with the professional theme of restaurant. It looked comforting but was still luxuriant. On side of the room was glass walled and gave serenic view of the fountain that was outside, in the middle of the courtyard. The other walls, excluding the wall with the door, had abstract paintings hanging on them. The table was in the middle of the room with ochre yellow coloured chairs surrounding it. Same coloured hanging lights were placed just above the table. The colour combination accorded the room a classy look. All in all, it was sumptuous and business-like which further added to our already present gut-churning nervousness.

Inside, there were six people, all males, and with our entrance all of their heads turned to look at us. A man who looked around mid-forties stood up and caught mom in a warm embrace. He is the most apparent candidate to be Noah.

"You know I thought that you stood me up." The said man whispered, in response to which my mom grinned.

"Believe me I was this close" mom imitated a very tiny space between her thumb and forefinger.

"Do you think dad already forget about us because of the lady" a new voice said in the background. It was then I remembered about Noah's sons.

"Ah, yes, so that we are all here now"
Noah said taking the scene into consideration.

" Ah, yes, after they arrived taking their precious time which we could have used in doing something that could actually be considered important." Once again, a new voice interrupted. When I looked up to figure out who spoke, it was a boy who looked trouble. To be honest, all of them looked like that, the trouble causing bad boys.

"Thanks for the commentary Jayden but it was not needed" he muttered irritated, probably at Jayden's rude comment as well as for being interrupted.

"Well lets have a little introduce ourselves, shall we?" mom said taking the now heated matter into her hands. "Well boys, I am Avery Wilson. I am a college professor.

"Yes your daughters," now Noah's attention shifted to us " pardon me for my rudeness, I didn't introduce myself before. I am Noah Cynati." He gave us a charming smile.

Now that I noticed him, he was indeed quite handsome with few gray streaks in his neatly trimmed and styled black hair with a slight stubble. He was definitely one of those men who aged like fine wine.

"I am Cora Wilson." I mustered up the best smile I could which looked more awkward then charming.

" I mustered up the best smile I could which looked more awkward then charming

"I am Poppy, but you can call me Po" my baby sister chirped.

"Sounds like Poop" one of the boys snickered. We glanced around trying to recognise who said that.

Noah cleared his throat and looked at me and Po "Its a pleasure to meet you both, Avery talks a lot about you and I am willing to get to know you." He gently smiled at us and turned to look at the boys. The gentle expression which framed his face suddenly transformed into a hard one. "Surely you haven't forgotten your names yet, so it will be appreciated if you introduce yourself and try to be the gentlemen you were raised to be."