4. Barbie house

"Woah! This house is so big" Poppy exclaimed, bouncing on her toes in excitement.

Well, her excitement was logical. Our last house was nothing in comparison to the one in front of us. We used to live in a cozy, single-story home. It was nothing extravagant but was homely. I am not sure if I could say the same about the one before me.

This one was huge and exiquisite. What was more commendable was the large open field surrounding it.

Mom and Noah were really excited after they bought this house. It took a week of trips with the realtor after they settled for this one. They wanted to live together as a big family. This house can accommodate more than just a big family.

"Mom?" I called out a little unsure. I know mom. Well, she believes that big house means more maintenance.

"Yes I know," mom sighed, looking at me and Poppy, "Believe me this one is preferable than others we witnessed. You have no idea how much it took to persuade Noah in buying a G+2 and not G+4. That guy was hell bent on buying something near to a castle."

"We will be living here?!" Poppy asked, clutching my hand tightly in excitement.

"Yeah man, we will be living here?!" A voice from behind asked. Though, unlike Poppy's,  this voice didn't hold any excitement. Just the opposite, it was filled with contempt.

I twisted my head to confirm whose obnoxious voice was it and as predicted, it was one of my snobby step brothers, more precisely Cayden. All of the boys except for Leo were walking behind. Leo was with Noah, walking up front.

"Will we even fit in there?" His loving twin, Jayden reciprocated his feelings.

"Dad this house is too small. Are you sure this is 'the home' you were talking about?" Ian said looking at Noah who was walking ahead us. His hands were stuffed in his jeans' pocket. He was standing beside Kai, his younger triplet.

"I think this is the barbie house you have bought for Poppy and Cora to play," he continued.

"Hey! We can play games that include balls too," Po said, referring to his comment. At this Ian and Cayden snikered.

"Oh, what type of ball games can you play?" Ian said creating a pun of her comment.

"Oh, oh! Football, volleyball, dodge ball... " Poppy stated happily.

"Who gave you the balls to play with them?" Ian mocked while Cayden laughed and patted Ian's back.

My little sister frowned, not really understanding what he meant.

"That's enough, jerk," I growled. Is he really that imbecile? For goodness sake, she is just eight years old.

My growling caught him off gaurd and he stopped dead in his track.

"Aww. We didn't mean to make you angry Cobra-" Cayden said.

"It's Cora" I snapped.

"And we don't care. Now move out of our way," Jayden said, already irritated with our conversation and shoved me aside.

Ian, Kai and Cayden imitated his action and moved past me and Poppy.

"Um, Co?" Poppy tugged my hand.

"Yes, Po." Some might find it childish but it's my and Poppy's way to reply each other with our nick names. Its weirdly funny for us.

"Can you ask someone for the balls game, the boys are talking about?" Her button nose was scrunched up, her lips tilting downwards in confusion.