chapter 11

@Endingitall001 i used your comment because i liked it very intellectual of you

had to whip out my big brain for this one

also follow me to fill me with determination!! (a cheeky undertale reference what it do)

Leige saw that they had been dismissed, and immediately stood up. He wanted to test out a few theories of his. While they had been in the last lesson, Leige had been thinking about how magic actually worked in the body. 

If his first theory was correct, then it didn't make a lot of sense that around 80% of the population was Rank 5, unable to practice magic. This meant that either Leige's first theory was incorrect, or that there was something rendering them unable to practice magic, whatever that would be.

He wasn't trying to be arrogant, but he doubted that he was wrong. It was simply unlikely for him to be wrong, since he couldn't remember the last time something he did in the science/mathematics field wrong. It was just unnatural.

Since he didn't believe in magic coming from the soul, he had no choice but to decide that it was either in the blood or that the anatomy of a body here was different than in his world. After all, he had no idea whether there were some sort of magical veins in his body, or a magical organ, or an actual organ that had a component to make it magical...

Honestly, anything was possible, since this was a game world.

However, if he was wrong, which he had to take into account to be possible, it was likely that the when the chromatids separated at mitosis for cell division for a living organism, in this case a zygote, even though the chemical instructions in the zygote are meant to be passed onto all the cells of the body identically, some sort of interruption could mean that the gene containing the 'magic', or enhanced abilities of some sort could be placed into a different cell, rendering it useless with no effect anymore. 

Although the chromatids should be identical, as replicas, Leige didn't really care, since he knew that anything could be possible in this world. After all, the genes on the chromosomes could turn a single-cell zygote into an oak tree, a rabbit, or even a bird.

Biology wasn't Leige's favourite subject to study, but he knew enough to form theories of what could have happened. 

Leige was snapped out of his thoughts by a chop on the head. He flinched before blinking and looking up.

"Come on, let's go." George already had Leige's bag in his arm. Leige nodded. George was already well on his way to becoming Leige's personal pillow dog in shining armour (yes I stole that from Endingitall001 what it do bb). 

George looked at the weirdly satisfied face of Leige before shaking his head slightly, deciding that it was better not to ask. 

The pair made their way to the car.

"How was school?" George asked, opening the door for a daydreaming Leige. Leige blinked out of his thoughts and replied,

"Yes." before sitting in the car, strapping himself in. 

George paused. What did he mean by yes? Yes what?! 

Seeing as Leige wasn't going to speak anytime soon, he closed the door before putting both of their bags in, walking to the driver's side, pondering about Liege's answer the whole time.

Leige, on the other hand, was thinking about whether there were science books in the library. He would have to check.

If not, he could probably crack a rib or something and hope that they had x-rays, although they probably would just use healing magic.... but what if he hurt himself so bad they needed extreme medical support?

Yeah, he wasn't a masochist, so he decided not to do that one.

As they reached their home, Leige got out of the car, thanking George, who ruffled his hair, and grabbed his bag, immediately making his way to the library.

As their father wasn't back yet, George didn't bother going to the main hall, immediately heading to his room to change and do his homework, not before looking down the hallway Leige was heading to.

"Leige, where are you going?" He asked curiously, knowing that it was the wrong way to his room.

"Yes." came a faint reply...

What did that mEAN?! 

Leige headed over to the library, stumbling his way into different corridors and hallways before finally reaching the now familiar mahogany doors. Opening them, he peeked into the large room. 

Now that the sunlight lit up the area, he could fully appreciate the huge room. 

There was a main floor with great bookshelves covered with dusty books. There were desks lined up with candles, most likely to study, although it wasn't necessary considering it was only three people who actually lived here, not considering the maids and servants. 

Honestly, he hadn't really seen any servants around, except from the maid he was found by, and the occasional people who were cleaning and cooking. 

He liked it more that way, as he preferred to be alone rather than with people he didn't know. In a way, he was glad that he reincarnated into someone like this, as he didn't want to keep a character or stay friends with people he didn't want to talk to. 

Losing interest in the decorations of the room, he walked over to a random bookshelf, frowning as he read the title of what seemed like a children's book.

Walking over to different bookshelves for some time, he smiled as he finally came across 'The Human Body' book. Taking it, he made his way to a chair and opened it. 

He blinked in surprise. 

So he was correct.

They had extra veins and arteries flowing around in the body! So they all led to the heart. Reading the purposes of the veins and arteries, apparently they had 'no use, used in the olden days for consuming raw meat'... which just wasn't true...

So they had 'magical' veins and arteries then? In that case, then everyone should have magic. So why did 80% not have any?

Looking at the rest of the body, he found that it was the same, meaning that he had found the culprit. 

He sighed in relief. Now he didn't have to fall down from the second floor of the library and crack his ribs. 

Now he just had to figure out how he could actually use the magic that was flowing in his body.

He thought of what would happen if all of the population could use magic... after all, he definitely would be able to figure out how to use magic, as he didn't doubt his own abilities, but he had to think of whether he would actually tell the rest of this world.

If he told everyone and actually published a book on how to use magic, then chaos would probably ensue. After all, as a 'rank 5', he had been picked on by his teacher and by his classmates, which meant that 'rank 5's were definitely treated bad. So, it would be logical to want revenge, it was only natural.

If he attempted to stop everyone from using magic, then chaos would probably ensue as well. After all, it would probably cause major outrage and then everyone would want to kill him, which wasn't a particularly nice thought. 

But if he did nothing, this world would continue to be dependent on magic and look down on those who couldn't use it, even though some 'rank 5's could be geniuses, prodigies that could advance technology and knowledge, but would never be acknowledged because of the magic-dependent world. Honestly, he didn't really care about that, but it was a bad outcome nevertheless. 

Since he had arrived in this world, he might as well make a difference, he decided.