Matthew & Christian

redits to fancyreader98 for this 👆

redits to fancyreader98 for this 👆. Isn't it cute?

Kylie

I would've traded the stars for a peace of mind. It's only been day "two" of my vacation and Christian Parkinson has to come and ruin the rest of my days off. I've known him a while now, but this habit just went from mildly annoying to infuriating. What makes it more displeasing is him sitting on the couch across me, hands tucked behind his head and his feet on the coffee table as if he doesn't have a care in the world.

"Kylie."

I try to focus on the book I was reading. I wish I wasn't alone with the guy. Matthew went to buy some groceries this morning and haven't been back until later this afternoon. And then he went for a run, leaving me with his brother yet again.

"Kylie."

My fingers dug on the cover of the book so hard my knuckles might be turning white. I focus on breathing through my nose and forced my eyes to keep still on that single page of the book I've been staring at in an excessive amount of time.

"Kylie."

"What?" I snapped, dropping the book on my lap.

Christian lifted the dinosaur on his lap and holds its little arms, tilting the toy from side to side. "Mr. Dinosaur wants another slow dance."

"Will you stop being a jerk for a minute?" I pitched a throw pillow at him which he expertly dodged. Then another that just went over his head. Having nothing else to throw, my book made a thrashing noise against his chest.

He flinches a little, then he rubs his chest to soothe the part where the book made an impact. The flick of pain somehow made me feel like I avenged myself in some way. But I soon regret flinging my book because now his smirk is even more overweening. He flip to the page I had slipped a bobby pin. "You like Mr. Darcy?"

I plunk my arms over my chest in defense. "No. I like Jane Austen."

Christian nods unconvincingly, his eyes skimming the page where I left off. My teeth grinded both in annoyance and helpless embarrassment having to see him read my book. "Give it back."

"Not a chance."

I marched around the coffee table and made a leap forward to grab the book but he was immediately on his feet. I craned my neck to look up, the lack of heels a maddening disadvantage. "Just give it back."

He held it over my head, grinning down at me. "I thought you'd be more into murder and stuff."

"That's none of your business." I jumped to snatch the book, but he raises it higher every single time.

"It is." He winked.

It wasn't fair. Sweat was forming on my forehead from jumping up and down like a bunny and he doesn't even have to move a muscle except his right arm. "Please, just give it back."