About First Kisses

Christian squinted at the tiny figure crouched on a stump next to the pile of chopped woods

Christian squinted at the tiny figure crouched on a stump next to the pile of chopped woods. He went out to the porch because Matthew has retire for the night. And Kylie was nowhere in sight. Needless to say, he has no purpose. Whacking noises piqued his curiosity. He padded quietly to the stump, where the source unmistakably was.

Kylie was in a loose sweater and denim shorts. What's even more interesting is a twig she was furiously bashing on the stump. She had quite the temper, all right.

"You shouldn't make too much noise."

She squeaked and spun her heels, holding the twig like a baseball bat.

"Woah. You're gonna knock me out with a twig?" He mused.

An audible sigh whooshes out of her. "I might."

"What are you doing out here? Fuming?"

"What do you care?" Her hands went to her waist.

He chuckles mirthfully. "You might catch cold, silly."

Kylie turns around in deliberate neglect. She didn't make any second glance. It was probably a hint to get out of her hair. Call him dense but that's the last thing in his mind because for some twisted reason, the more irritated she gets of him, the more he wants to stick around.

"Stop following me." She stomps her foot, a note of warning in her voice.

"I'm heading to the dock too." His voice was all innocence. He towed her all the way to the dock, only stopping when she did at the edge of the lake.

She turn to glare at him, shivering a little. "Shouldn't you go back to the cabin?"

"I like it more out here." He takes off his jacket.

"I'm not wearing that," she deadpans.

He clicks his tongue. "It's this jacket or my arms around you."

"Fine," she says through gritted teeth and seizes the jacket. "How can I get rid of you?"

His hand slid to his pocket, the other grazing his jaw with thought. "You know, I think that can be negotiated."

"I'm not kissing you again."

"I didn't say anything about kissing."

She snorted. "Then you must have worse things in mind."

"I will leave you alone, I promise."

Her brows lifted. "For the rest of my vacation?"

"For the rest of your vacation." He nods.

"No kissing."

Christian grins. "No kissing."

"Okay," she sighed. "What do you want?"