15

"That bread had mold on it three years" Pope commented as he watched JJ make a sandwich with moldy bread

"I'll just pull off the bad parts"JJ shrugged as Blake leaned into the counter amused at the situation "Plus mold is good for you, it's just a natural organism" JJ continued

"I don't think it works like that, bro" Blake told him making him look at her

"So now I'm your bro?" JJ walked closer to Blake cornering her placing an arm on the shelf next to her head

"Yeah, don't get to close with that moldy sandwich please" Blake said passing below his arm and joining Kie at the living room

JJ joined them taking a bite of the sandwich only to spit it seconds later making a face of disgust.

"Told you" Blake laughed at him

"Bitch" he mumbled

"Dick" she backfired

"Yeah, I know you want it" JJ said walking closer to her while playfully biting his lower lip and grabbing her waist. Okay, that was hot. Blake just rolled her eyes at the boy and slapped his arm.

"Guys!" Kie exclaimed making her two friends focus on what they were talking about

"Sorry, mom" Blake rolled her eyes at the girl

"X marks the spot" Pope said then looking at a map

"Longitude, latitude..." John b said before noticing there was other thing inside the package "Wait, there's something else in here" he said taking a tape recorder from the package. Holy shit.

"What's that?" JJ asked resting his chin on Blake's shoulder

"A tape recorder, idiot" she laughed at him

John B pressed the play button and they were shocked at whose voice they heard "dear Bird"

"Wait, isn't that..." Blake trailed recognising the voice

"That's my dad, yeah" he looked at her with worried eyes.

"I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so, and you doubted your old man. I suspect at this moment, you're filled with guilt and self-loathing over our last fight, but don't kill yourself just yet, kid. I didn't expect to find the Merchant either." Blake turned to look at JJ, he did it, Big John found the Merchant.

"You were probably right to call me out. Wasn't exactly father of the decade. What can I say, kid? I could smell the barn and hopefully you're listening to this in our brand new sugar-shack down in Costa Rica, livin' off passive investments and pulling on permits. If not, and you find this for less than optimal reasons, well, that's what the map is for. There she is, the wreck of the Merchant. If something happens to me, finish what I started. Go for the gold, kid. I love you bird, even if I didn't act always like it. I'll see you on the other side" Nobody knew what to say after what they heard on the tape. Good thing, Big John found the Merchant and they were going to get the gold. Bad thing, Big John was probably dead.

"Holy shit, he did it!" JJ was the first one to talk

But no one talked after. John b stood there, Blake could see the tears building in his eyes. Nobody could understand the pain he was going through in that moment.

Kie was the first one to step up and give John b a tight hug, letting him and let it all out.

"Hey...let's go outside" Blake said dragging Pope and JJ with her so John b and Kie could have more privacy

You know those moments right before a storm come when you can hear the thunders and everything smells like rain eventhough it's not actually raining, the calm before the storm.